Verizon reportedly blocking access to Google Wallet on its Galaxy Nexus

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has been known for a while, they partnered up with ISIS, another NFC payment company a few months back. You'll still be able to flash a custom kernel to the Nexus if you really want Google wallet.

OP
J

Jung136

Reaction score
it voids the Google Wallet terms of service.. does that mean ISIS will make its way onto the Nexus?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
It's not only Verizon doing this eventually AT&T and T mobile will block Google wallet as well per the ISIS partnership.

Right now the only carrier supporting Google wallet will be sprint.

suliman

Reaction score
i went to radioshack today and saw a print ad for google wallet and the phone in the ad was the gnex..

Big Ry

Reaction score
This makes me so mad. this is wrong on so many levels. I don't care if its a feature I use frequently or not. limiting competition and consumer's choices is down right wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This makes me so mad. this is wrong on so many levels. I don't care if its a feature I use frequently or not. limiting competition and consumer's choices is down right wrong.

The reason why they can do that is because you're still going to buy it. (That's not a literal you)

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

ModestMuse

Reaction score

I don't understand your anger here... Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have a contract with ISIS. Sprint has a contract with Google Wallet. So, just like Sprint users won't be able to use the ISIS software, Verizon, AT&T, ant T-Mobile users won't be able to use Google Wallet. This is not a Nexus issue, it's just the way it is.

shaggykid

Reaction score
I don't understand your anger here... Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have a contract with ISIS. Sprint has a contract with Google Wallet. So, just like Sprint users won't be able to use the ISIS software, Verizon, AT&T, ant T-Mobile users won't be able to use Google Wallet. This is not a Nexus issue, it's just the way it is.

+1

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score

It's an anti-competitive business practice, and it's bad for consumers. ISIS does not have to offer a better product than Google Wallet (and vice-versa), because Google Wallet is not an option for most consumers (most people don't hack their phones). It discourages improvement in service. You get what we give you, because that's all you're allowed to have.

ModestMuse

Reaction score
It's an anti-competitive business practice, and it's bad for consumers. ISIS does not have to offer a better product than Google Wallet (and vice-versa), because Google Wallet is not an option for most consumers (most people don't hack their phones). It discourages improvement in service. You get what we give you, because that's all you're allowed to have.

So you don't like it because it's not fair? That's life bro. You just gotta deal with some things.

I can only get Brighthouse for TV service, Comcast, Uverse, FIOS, etc are not options. It's anti-competitive, and bad for consumers, but that's just the way it is...

leakim13

Reaction score
Pretty sure having to use a card or cash like I've done my whole life won't make any difference in my phone purchase decision.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Briankbl

Reaction score
It is pretty ironic how a Google branded phone, featuring a "pure Google experience", is having it's own app blocked. Geezus...

Sent using common sense.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why we have the modding community. I'm going to hack and run the Google wallet app just out of principal. Screw you Verizon.