Verizon Support: 3G Customers Upgrading to 4G After July 7 Can Keep Unlimited Data

like I said on that other forum preach was refering to. I was able to confirm with a CSR today that the information I received last week that prompted me to jump on a Charge was false and I do NOT have to be on a 4G by 7/7 to be able to use my upgrade and retain unlimited since I already had 3G Unlimited. SO because of this my Charge goes back to the store thursday when I go do my wifes upgrade (she isn't waiting for bionic, just wants a Xperia Play) and I reinitialize my Storm 2 to wait out the last month for Bionic. Funny thing the CSR I talked to this week kept apologizing for what last weeks CSR told me and prompting me to buy a $300 phone + accessories.

A wife wanting a game device phone..... Cool :)

Wow.. Now I feel like a total sucker for getting rid of my Droid X for this shoddy Thunderbolt :(

Last edited:
Picked up a cheap droid today! Unlimited data locked in, bring on Bionic!

like I said on that other forum preach was refering to. I was able to confirm with a CSR today that the information I received last week that prompted me to jump on a Charge was false and I do NOT have to be on a 4G by 7/7 to be able to use my upgrade and retain unlimited since I already had 3G Unlimited. SO because of this my Charge goes back to the store thursday when I go do my wifes upgrade (she isn't waiting for bionic, just wants a Xperia Play) and I reinitialize my Storm 2 to wait out the last month for Bionic. Funny thing the CSR I talked to this week kept apologizing for what last weeks CSR told me and prompting me to buy a $300 phone + accessories.

A wife wanting a game device phone..... Cool :)

Yeah I actually married a gamer chick. I refined some of her gaming tastes but she is one either way :)

Back onto bionic all of this talk is making me excited all over again and I will probably be returning my Charge today instead of tomorrow. Looks like a lot of different sources are starting to speak out about a release next month. Has me salivating at the mouth. These last 6 months have been a nightmare but will be worth it in the end.

I've been waiting on this darn bionic for sometime. I finally had to just jump ship from ATT and chose the Charge since Costco had it onsale for 179.99. Perhaps I should have just picked up an Inc2 instead.

Is a Samsung Rogue considered a smartphone or can I get an unlimited plan with that phone to be grandfathered in?

The rogue is not, thats actually the phone that I just upgraded from so it will not get you grandfathered in unfortunately. It is considered a feature phone

Picked up a cheap droid today! Unlimited data locked in, bring on Bionic!

Plz xplain-ok u got droid 2 lock n unlimited data-now when the boinic drops,what r u gonna do with the droid?-i mean u signed a 2 yr-didnt u?-seems 2 me u r gonna have 2 bills-thnk u 4 hlpin me understand.I want the unlimited.

No, I bought a used Droid off Craigslist and just swapped my phone through Verizon, my upgrade is still available through Verizon, which will extend my contract for 2 years when I get the Bionic.

Later, I'll just sell this Droid, got it for $75 and I can probably sell it for $100 lol its actually in decent condition.

EDIT

Just checked My Verizon just to be sure that the upgrade was still available and it is. Freaked me out for a second though cuz the line with the Droid on it says it isn't, but then I remember that I had Verizon use 'my' upgrade to get the wife an iPhone a couple months ago, so checking her line the upgrade is still available lol.

Last edited:
Just wondering, I'm an existing customer on Verizon and will be moving from a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) to a Droid Bionic but would everyone consider a Black Berry Strom 1 (9530) a smart phone or a featured phone with unlimited data feature? I'm leaning towards it's a smart phone but not too sure. hahaha...

Last edited:
Just wondering, I'm an existing customer on Verizon and will be moving from a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) to a Droid Bionic but would everyone consider a Black Berry Strom 1 (9530) a smart phone or a featured phone with unlimited data feature? I'm leaning towards it's a smart phone but not too sure. hahaha...

BB Storm is listed as a Smartphone on the Verizon site.

Just wondering, I'm an existing customer on Verizon and will be moving from a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) to a Droid Bionic but would everyone consider a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) a smart phone or a featured phone with unlimited data feature? I'm leaning towards it's a smart phone but not too sure. hahaha...

The big question is whether BB counts if you buy a Bionic when it comes out. I think I heard that if you switch to or from a BB, you lose your unlimited data.

Just wondering, I'm an existing customer on Verizon and will be moving from a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) to a Droid Bionic but would everyone consider a Black Berry Storm 1 (9530) a smart phone or a featured phone with unlimited data feature? I'm leaning towards it's a smart phone but not too sure. hahaha...

The big question is whether BB counts if you buy a Bionic when it comes out. I think I heard that if you switch to or from a BB, you lose your unlimited data.

Talked with a rep 2day and she said it would work-i can use my gfriends bb smartphone 2 lock n unlimited data-so I hope she knows what she talkin about.

yes I also verifed over the phone, on twitter, and e-mail that you can have a blackberry and still be grandfathered in when you switch to a diff smartphone

Back