Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE Network Available To More Than Half The U.S. Population

rza49311

I was in the local (Richmond, VA) Verizon store and was told that 4G will be in the Richmond, VA area in November.

I was told by the President of the VA/MD/DC region that it should be live in October. I was at the race(RIR) yesterday in the verizon suite and they had 4G live for the race. I actually spoke with a network engineer while I was there too. The speeds were good but not as good as I've seen on here. Each test I saw was between 7Mbps and 12Mbps.

Adrozz07

a6f8231a-e424-6a64.jpg

Yorktown/williamsburg area, just now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Donsell

Downtown Lincoln, Nebraska gets it for home Husker football games, then they turn it back off. I haven't seen Lincoln on any list, but hopefully this means we're close. A Verizon store rep told me maybe in October, which probably means we'll get it sometime next spring.

the11

Wish there was a good source to confirm that other than the coming soon list and the star on the coverage map..They seem to be sticking to the 145 city list which B'ham is not on.That's my biggest concern. Keep me posted if you see or hear anything else. Thanks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

I was originally told that B'ham was suppose to be 4th quarter of 2011, but the damage cause by the tornadoes have pushed it back to 2012. FWIW.....

Snow02

I was originally told that B'ham was suppose to be 4th quarter of 2011, but the damage cause by the tornadoes have pushed it back to 2012. FWIW.....

Lies! Lol. I hope not. Birmingham didn't suffer to much damage. A couple small towns just north of here did. Tuscaloosa got hit real hard, but that's 45 minutes away. We'll see.

Thanks for the info.

Snow02

Looks like bham towers are getting their backhaul upgrades in place. This is the highest upload I've ever seen on 3G.

a6f8421d-758d-1b05.jpg

N4UPD

Looking closely at the October list when it comes out.I sure wish B'ham would be on it.Not holding my breath though.:blink:

Tegamal

I've never seen a coming soon list, just their current coverage list.

My town is supposed to get it by the end of the year, according to the local store & friends I have that work in the field.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums