Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S5 Now Getting Android 5.0 Lollipop Rollout

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s5-verizon-android-lolipop.jpg

Here's a bit of shocking news this fine Monday afternoon. Verizon is apparently the first US carrier to start rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update to their Samsung Galaxy S5. The update is build VRU1BNLC, and will push out in waves, so if you don't get it yet, don't worry. It should be coming down the pike shortly (within the next week or so).

Sound off and let us know if you are one of the lucky folks to have received this update for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 already!

Source: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-s5-2-2-15.pdf

deborah3756

Reaction score
Just recieved the update today. It came in two increments. I see a few changes mainly, the notification bar. Smart stay is somewhere, I don't know where. It still pops up. Anything I should know?

Sent from my SM-G900V

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just recieved the update today. It came in two increments. I see a few changes mainly, the notification bar. Smart stay is somewhere, I don't know where. It still pops up. Anything I should know?

Sent from my SM-G900V
Check the source link in the post above yours.

It's mostly a material design update with some other new features.

Lucky bums.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
So you have profiles available inside of your Settings app now?

deborah3756

Reaction score
No profiles inside my settings app. Would it be under something else? What's new is advanced calling. Under accounts there are some new things.

Sent from my SM-G900V

pdholtz

Reaction score
So you have profiles available inside of your Settings app now?
samsung-galaxy-s5-verizon-android-lolipop.jpg

Here's a bit of shocking news this fine Monday afternoon. Verizon is apparently the first US carrier to start rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop update to their Samsung Galaxy S5. The update is build VRU1BNLC, and will push out in waves, so if you don't get it yet, don't worry. It should be coming down the pike shortly (within the next week or so).

Sound off and let us know if you are one of the lucky folks to have received this update for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 already!

Source: http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-s5-2-2-15.pdf
Got mine today and yes foxfi still works!!!!! :)

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
What the hey?!?!.....why can't the Note 4 get some action too??

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hey starting a new job has been kicking my booty!....I'll catch up!
Apparently the software for the vr didn't play well with lollipop & they're working on it. We'll be last on the Samsung list, but this thread gives hope that we'll be first in the states on vzw.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Apparently the software for the vr didn't play well with lollipop & they're working on it. We'll be last on the Samsung list, but this thread gives hope that we'll be first in the states on vzw.

Thank you for the update! Good to know they are working on it at least!

deborah3756

Reaction score
I'm not liking the way they changed the battery info. Before, it showed how long you were on the battery ex. 1d 4hrs 10 min etc. Now it shows how long you have left. They should have left it alone. Just saying..

Sent from my SM-G900V

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not liking the way they changed the battery info. Before, it showed how long you were on the battery ex. 1d 4hrs 10 min etc. Now it shows how long you have left. They should have left it alone. Just saying..

Sent from my SM-G900V
That's a stock Lollipop feature, not just Samsung. Kinda handy to know about how long you have left (my laptop does the same thing), but would be nice if it was an option to toggle between how long you'd been on battery and how long you have left.