[VIDEO] How To Flash Custom Recovery and Root Razr HD, Maxx HD, Razr M, Atrix HD

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;GS-ydWUOy9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS-ydWUOy9I&list=UUahggeTU1oddlMWWKj2N8Kg&index=1[/video]​
With the bootloaders of the Razr HD, Maxx Hd, Razr M, and Atrix HD newly unlocked by Dan Rosenberg I have been getting the question, "How do I install TWRP or CWM now?!" quite frequently. In the above video I show you how to flash a recovery via "fastboot". Then I continue with the root method once recovery is installed. There may be some one clicks to emerge soon that do all of this for you, but if you are going to own a device that has an unlocked bootloader it is always best to know how to do things manually using "fastboot". Watch and learn!Grab recoveries for the newly unlocked motos here

kevrobster

Reaction score
Thanks for the tuturial.

I followed the link you provided to get a recovery for my Razr Maxx HD, but all I see are a bunch of folders that mean nothing to me. I can click into the folders and there are many files available, but how do I know which one I need?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tuturial.

I followed the link you provided to get a recovery for my Razr Maxx HD, but all I see are a bunch of folders that mean nothing to me. I can click into the folders and there are many files available, but how do I know which one I need?

You need the file located here

kevrobster

Reaction score
Thanks! How did you know this? Just wondering so I can figure things out on my own. This is kind of a whole new world to me...lol

Nice job on the tutorial. Not full of annoying disclaimers and cluttering info--just enough to get the job done. I like it :)

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How did you know this? Just wondering so I can figure things out on my own. This is kind of a whole new world to me...lol

Nice job on the tutorial. Not full of annoying disclaimers and cluttering info--just enough to get the job done. I like it :)

You said you have the RAZR HD. That is the same as the Vanquish. You just needed the TWRP image so that is what I linked you to. Glad you liked the video.

kevrobster

Reaction score
Ok so now I have a new problem. I'm apparently missing the "fastboot" program or whatever it is, because it doesn't recognize the command when I type into the command prompt.

8659399322_f2c677cd81_b.jpg

Guessing this is an obvious fix, but what am I missing? lol

EDIT: I found the following link to install fastboot (along with a few other tools) and it seems to have fixed my problem. I appreciate your help DroidModderX

http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-ins...ows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/