Video of Android 5.0 Lollipop on the Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
SamMobile has posted an exclusive video showing an early build of Android 5.0 Lollipop running on the Note 4. While nothing official has been given regarding a release date, current rumors point to a potential release as early as January (although that's likely to be for the unlocked international variant with carrier-branded updates after that).

As expected, Touch Wiz is still present in full force, but some Material Design updates have been made in several parts of the UI.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah, still looks like they've got a lot of work to do ... Or should I say I HOPE they intend to work on it more.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Anomander

Reaction score
I'm hoping they fix the dialer/contact option where it asks to set a "default" or "just use once" when selecting a phone number from someone that has multiple numbers

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
White white and more white. Not amoled friendly for those of us that like to have some battery juice left at the end of the day.
I'm wondering if AT&T will use it to add even more bloatware to mine. I thought Verizon added a bunch of junk onto their phones but AT&T takes it to another level.
As far as (the volume was very low so I might have heard wrong) Samsung bloatware not being updated, on my Note2 they did it through their app store after Verizon pushed their part so maybe they're doing it that way again.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
According to this article - Why the Galaxy Note 4 Still Doesn't Have Android 5.0 Lollipop - the release of Lollipop for the Note 4 has been delayed because Oculus is having issues with getting 5.0 to work correctly with the Gear VR software.

If true (and it seems reasonable that it is), that's definitely a bummer since the vast majority of Note 4 users don't own a Gear VR.

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's stellar news! Isn't that how it started with the S5? Here's hoping that VZW works with the same quickness that it did there when the update hits the states!

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's stellar news! Isn't that how it started with the S5? Here's hoping that VZW works with the same quickness that it did there when the update hits the states!

Yep. Poland was the first to see Lollipop for the S5, and then it rolled out from there. It seems like the Note 4 update is reaching other countries beyond Poland more quickly than the S5 update did, so that's definitely a positive sign.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know it's just an update & I've seen the issues that s5 users have experienced with theirs, but I'm excited.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This will be a good test of vzw. They did good with the s5 after we saw these similar reports.

I'm hoping we'll see it by the end of the month.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk