Waiting Root , how many ?

wolfgart

Reaction score
Hello guys , how many of us are waiting root exploit , and why ?

Casen

Reaction score
Basically everyone here is waiting.
I'm waiting for Google Wallet, WiFi tether and root install apps.

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

melfunn

Reaction score
Basically everyone here is waiting.
I'm waiting for Google Wallet, WiFi tether and root install apps.

Waiting patiently.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Trky

Reaction score
I want google wallet. That and to be able to turn down the brightness of the buttons are all I want.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I want google wallet. That and to be able to turn down the brightness of the buttons are all I want.

Not sure if I want to root, why can't someone download the apk for Google wallet and let it be installed as an unknown source app? Why do we have to be rooted? Even better, why can't Verizon just let us have Google wallet?

Are there any apps like Google wallet that do the same touch to pay service that can use any card?

Sent from my Droid Maxx!!!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
If this phone gets rooted I might just buy it and replace my RAZR MAXX. I also need HD Station and Car Docks as well.

Trky

Reaction score
Not sure if I want to root, why can't someone download the apk for Google wallet and let it be installed as an unknown source app? Why do we have to be rooted? Even better, why can't Verizon just let us have Google wallet?

Are there any apps like Google wallet that do the same touch to pay service that can use any card?

Because it doesn't work. You can't install it without root access. Verizon has their own payment system ISIS and they don't like competition so they say they don't allow it because it doesn't have a secure element. The real question is, why isn't that considered a monopoly?

doogald

Reaction score
Because it doesn't work. You can't install it without root access. Verizon has their own payment system ISIS and they don't like competition so they say they don't allow it because it doesn't have a secure element. The real question is, why isn't that considered a monopoly?

Because you are free to change carriers and use a different service. If Verizon had something like 80% of the market, blocked other services, and used their market position to charge more for their service, that would invite an antitrust suit. None of those things are happening.

Casen

Reaction score
Almost all the carriers are blocking Google wallet though

cybertj.2000

Reaction score

And Isis only allows 3 credit card companies, none of which I have or care to have, that sucks!!! Great phone with a great feature disabled or not allowed!!!!

Casen

Reaction score
And Isis only allows 3 credit card companies, none of which I have or care to have, that sucks!!! Great phone with a great feature disabled or not allowed!!!!

Google Wallet allows debit cards to, unlike ISIS

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Google Wallet allows debit cards to, unlike ISIS

I know, wish they would just back off blocking apps!!!

Wish Google and Motorola would just put their foot down and demand that Verizon allow that app!!!

jamontoast1291

Reaction score
XDA has a bounty thread going for people to pledge money as an incentive to the developers to work on getting root. Worth checking out and might help speedup the process! Also waiting for root here for adblockers and free tethering :(