Water proof case

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Is there a waterproof case for the Droid Maxx? I've searched Google with no luck. Searched here and nothing also. I'm not looking for a dry bag but a form fitting case similar to the an otter box, etc.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
No. I want a weather proof case. Not a bag.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I believe, if you re-read what I asked, that I asked if a weather-resistant case was what you were looking for.

There's a difference between something you can drop overboard in shallow water, like the Lifeproof cases, and something like (not that they currently offer one for your phone) the Kraken A.M.S. cases that are rated for:
RAIN / WIND
7.9 inches / hour of rain at 40 mph winds for 1 hour

So I was wondering what your needs for the case were. If you have less-stringent needs than the Lifeproof cases then it's going to be easier to find one that meets your needs.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I need to protect my phone while riding my motorcycle. Accidental drops and in case I get caught in the rain.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk if they made one for the droid Maxx... But life proof would be the way to go

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Should have bought an S5 Bruce! I tried to tell ya!

S5 tap'n
Lol! I needed good signal not alot of features (I'm not saying the s5 is a bad phone). I had a s3 loved it! I wanted a s4. But I knew Motorola has some of, if not the best phone signal of cell phones. Been researching the Turbo, 3900mah battery and 64gb is right up my alley!

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I know you're always on the road so that's understandable. The radio on the S5 has been great for me, but I know a few still had issues. (But it's usually because they live in fringe area where every phone gives them a problem) How has the Maxxs' signal been compared to your S3?

S5 tap'n

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
I know you're always on the road so that's understandable. The radio on the S5 has been great for me, but I know a few still had issues. (But it's usually because they live in fringe area where every phone gives them a problem) How has the Maxxs' signal been compared to your S3?

S5 tap'n
Frigging AWESOME! I'm able to call/text about 80-90% of the time. It's rare that I can't place a call unless I'm in a area that doesn't have cell coverage at all. I can even use the internet in places where I couldn't with the s3. I've talked to vzw reps and they say the s5 radio is better than the s3, but it's still not as good the Droid Maxx.

Reactions: cr6

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Moto makes the best radios. The S3 was a powerful phone, but it just didn't cut it for the most part, and the radio wasn't up to snuff for marginal areas.

I don't see any lifeproof-style cases that offer the Maxx the same level of water protection, and I even went to aliexpress to look. There are good cases for drop protection, and you can get one of those bicycle handlebar zippered pouches. A combination of the two would provide quite a bit of protection, but it wouldn't be the all-in-one solution you're looking for. Sorry. I dug around, found nothing that matched your requirements at once.

OP
brucebanner77

brucebanner77

Reaction score
Moto makes the best radios. The S3 was a powerful phone, but it just didn't cut it for the most part, and the radio wasn't up to snuff for marginal areas.

I don't see any lifeproof-style cases that offer the Maxx the same level of water protection, and I even went to aliexpress to look. There are good cases for drop protection, and you can get one of those bicycle handlebar zippered pouches. A combination of the two would provide quite a bit of protection, but it wouldn't be the all-in-one solution you're looking for. Sorry. I dug around, found nothing that matched your requirements at once.

Thanks, I found the same, was hoping I missed something. Guess I need to get the turbo, lifeproof makes a case for it. Lol