Way to turn off audio "beep" at the end of a telephone call?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I may be the only one that doesn't like the "beep" that happens at the end of every phone call, but is there a way to silence it? It is not only annoying, but as I use a BT headset quite frequently when in the car, the beep is loud too.

Thanks for any help turning off this audio annoyance.

crimattyple

Reaction score
I experience the same thing. VERY loud in the car when using bluetooth. Would love to turn that off somehow, or at least lower it.

Alacrity

Reaction score
I may be the only one that doesn't like the "beep" that happens at the end of every phone call, but is there a way to silence it? It is not only annoying, but as I use a BT headset quite frequently when in the car, the beep is loud too.

I'm sure anyone with Bluetooth will find it almost painful. I swear the BEEP is over 100Db. I know the Droid X didn't have it that loud. I DID, however, notice that if the other party hangs up and you don't hit your "end call" button on the headset the beep is not there.
I use the "Blue Ant" headset - several long-term clients ahve told me that for them it sounds the best of all the past bluetooth sets I've used, but it has started sounding real crappy lately.
Good luck with this BEEP - I hope we can find a cure becasue my right ear is going to go deaf from it if I don't remember to remove the ear piece more often.
I have spoken with VZW tech support and they have no answers.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It's in settings somewhere, I don't have the phone with me now. But it's like "Notify when call is ended". I'll look for it in a bit when nephew is done playing on phone :p

nailerdog

Reaction score
I have'nt been able to find anything in settings. Anyone know how to disable this?

nailerdog

Reaction score
Someone must have foud a way to disable this or Hack it? It's terrible.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Someone must have foud a way to disable this or Hack it? It's terrible.

There is a way, I used to have it also. It's the same as why I can't figure out how to get the +1 out of the phone # when calling a number using voice search that isn't in my contacts.

nailerdog

Reaction score
I can find the "call connect" tone but not the "call disconnect". Gotta be in settings somewhere?

GoBears

Reaction score
There is a way, I used to have it also. It's the same as why I can't figure out how to get the +1 out of the phone # when calling a number using voice search that isn't in my contacts.

Isn't that +1 the assisted dialing feature?

GoBears

nailerdog

Reaction score
I was just over to the Moto forum and it appears it can't be turned off? One of our Superstar hackers should be able to help us out?

davidovp

Reaction score
SOLUTION: Call status tones

The settings you're looking for are under: Settings -> Call -> Call Alert -> Call Status Tones Once there, you can enable/disable the 'Call connect tone', 'Minute minder' and 'Call end tone'. Hope this helps. -Phil Phil's Blog | Taming Technology

Reaction score
I hate this beep...also don't have the above setting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums