Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Talk about confusing & conflicting information...sheesh!

BTW....welcome to the forum true blue!

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
While I agree that a supervisor should be able to overturn that decision, I think it's more of a case that the phone is listed as a 4g device and the supervisor has no power to really overturn what is on paper, in this specific case. And now considering the age of the device, I doubt they'd move the X2 to its appropriate list as a 3g only device.

True blue, you may be able to get it activated, but I have a feeling it'll take quite alot of patience on your end to get it done. Whether it's worth the hassle to you or not is definitely up to you.

@dezymond , you definitely raise a very good point, and the same point I made above. Misinformation handicaps the front line and prevents them from providing quality customer service. I see it all the time, and as this country continues to put litigation in front of common sense, we'll likely not see this slow or reverse any time soon.

If it is on the so-called "list of 4G devices" at the carrier, it would certainly take an aggressive effort which may be ultimately fruitless in order to get it resolved. If their "activation system" flags it, then we're talking about a monumental change to the system, computer servers, switches, POS systems, pricing schedules, etc., in order to reverse this, an undertaking they'd likely not wish to get involved in, especially for older technology since the demand for new Droid X2 activations is likely miniscule.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
@dezymond , you definitely raise a very good point, and the same point I made above. Misinformation handicaps the front line and prevents them from providing quality customer service. I see it all the time, and as this country continues to put litigation in front of common sense, we'll likely not see this slow or reverse any time soon.

If it is on the so-called "list of 4G devices" at the carrier, it would certainly take an aggressive effort which may be ultimately fruitless in order to get it resolved. If their "activation system" flags it, then we're talking about a monumental change to the system, computer servers, switches, POS systems, pricing schedules, etc., in order to reverse this, an undertaking they'd likely not wish to get involved in, especially for older technology since the demand for new Droid X2 activations is likely miniscule.
Exactly. It's just too much of a hassle for ONE customer. Now if they had 100 people trying to do the same around the same time, then this issue would have been resolved a long time ago.

Good luck true blue, you have quite the task ahead of you. Hopefully they can give you a deal or something on an appropriately listed 3g device.

OP
T

true blue

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid X2
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. The consensus seems to be that yes, this is a 3g (NOT a 4g) phone and that Page Plus should (whether or not they actually WILL) honor it as such. All fine and good.

But ... what about the X2s on eBay being sold with/as 4G? FoxKat's link (post #8) has someone saying:
"A clandestine group of engineers have already mod'ed a Droid X and managed to cobble in a limited 4G capability. It required both hardware and system software mods that cannot be discussed here. ... I didn't do the mod and the folks who did do not want to be contacted or identified."
Somehow I doubt these people are converting enough of these phones that they show up on eBay:
Motorola Droid X2 MB870 Verizon Smartphone 723755000124 eBay
I contacted this seller, saying: "Interested in the phone, but thought the X2 wasn't 4g ... but the display shows 4g??? Why? Thanks"
He replied: "The x2 is 4G ..thank u for ur interest I'm trying to add the buy it now price my reserve price is 40 phone works perfectly"
Then the one (a different one) that I purchased (also from eBay) is supposedly 4g?
I'm going to contact Page Plus again about this tomorrow ... at this point I really want to get to the bottom of this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. The consensus seems to be that yes, this is a 3g (NOT a 4g) phone and that Page Plus should (whether or not they actually WILL) honor it as such. All fine and good.

But ... what about the X2s on eBay being sold with/as 4G? FoxKat's link (post #8) has someone saying:
"A clandestine group of engineers have already mod'ed a Droid X and managed to cobble in a limited 4G capability. It required both hardware and system software mods that cannot be discussed here. ... I didn't do the mod and the folks who did do not want to be contacted or identified."
Somehow I doubt these people are converting enough of these phones that they show up on eBay:
Motorola Droid X2 MB870 Verizon Smartphone 723755000124 eBay
I contacted this seller, saying: "Interested in the phone, but thought the X2 wasn't 4g ... but the display shows 4g??? Why? Thanks"
He replied: "The x2 is 4G ..thank u for ur interest I'm trying to add the buy it now price my reserve price is 40 phone works perfectly"
Then the one (a different one) that I purchased (also from eBay) is supposedly 4g?
I'm going to contact Page Plus again about this tomorrow ... at this point I really want to get to the bottom of this.
True Blue, your frustration is felt by me and others. I can assure you that the X2 is not a 4G phone. Any attempt to portray it as one is either a completely deliberate misrepresentation, or sadly a complete misunderstanding. Either way, it is clear that is not 4G.

The only reason I included the other references was to show how easily information can be wrong, even when coming straight from the manufacturers or in this case the carriers. There are dozens of examples where the phone is described as 3G, for every single example where it's mistaken for being 4G.

Just cull a few of the most credible representations and print them, then take them along with you to the store to get your phone activated. If they still won't do it, you may wish to give up. You may be doing nothing but wasting your time and theirs while getting yourself even more frustrated.