Well, it's about that time.....

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Where I have to say goodbye to my OG droid.... I have moved to the D3 come Monday and while I won't have any immediate builds or anything to flash to it yet, Im hoping my boys Woodman and team eventually develop for the D3, locked bootloader or not. Ill help out for anything if you need it, Woodyman has 100% of my support and I just want to see the continuation of Droid Concepts on my phone. Im excited for my D3. It is a HUGE upgrade in my eyes from the OG droid, and I can live w/o 4G.

**It's so hard....to say Goodbyeee*** << especially having this phone for 2 years! First phone i've held this long! Kudos to me.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yes I find the D3 a great upgrade from the D1, sure its locked down right now but even on stock android 2.3.4 its a slick device, and I personally think moto blur has enhanced parts but some parts of stock I do miss, if there was only an option to go back and forth between the too, that would be nice. :)

Its a pretty big upgrade and the keyboard is A LOT NICER takes some getting used to though because its just so much bigger, lol, used to being crammed..

I'll be posting a full review tomorrow at some point look for it soon of my full overview of the D3, but so far all positives. :)

Where I have to say goodbye to my OG droid.... I have moved to the D3 come Monday and while I won't have any immediate builds or anything to flash to it yet, Im hoping my boys Woodman and team eventually develop for the D3, locked bootloader or not. Ill help out for anything if you need it, Woodyman has 100% of my support and I just want to see the continuation of Droid Concepts on my phone. Im excited for my D3. It is a HUGE upgrade in my eyes from the OG droid, and I can live w/o 4G.

**It's so hard....to say Goodbyeee*** << especially having this phone for 2 years! First phone i've held this long! Kudos to me.

grinchy

Reaction score
I should have my D3 in the next few days :) have been rocking D1 for 2 years...this is a worthy upgrade in my opinion :)

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Im excited Woody! No pun intended.. Lol.. but your response is very promising and I noticed your post in the D3 forums so good news for all Droid Concepts fans. I have alot of playing to do this weekend! Have a good weekend! dancedroid

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I tried to say goodbye to my OG by selling it to a friend. After using a Droid 2 and a Droid Pro for the last 7 or 8 months, I bought it back :). For now its my priority phone and I have just discovered Droid concepts. I was always a HUGE fan of cvpcs's Sapphire builds but even Droid Concepts seems to be running noticeably better than that.

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I really wish they had put a gig of ram in the d3, then it would be a no brainer for me. But I don't want to get caught in the same situation that the d1 has now, where it just doesn't have enough ram to run the latest update less than 2 years after it came out! I'm waiting on the Bionic for now (hoping they decided to up the memory to 1 gig in addition to changing the processor), and if that doesn't get decent reviews I'll probably get a d3.

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
D3 and bionic are basically the same device, sure bionic has 1GB of RAM but half of the RAM on it is dedicated to the webtop service, so it really only has about 512 just like the D3 because it doesn't have the webtop service, the processors will more than likely also be the same one, either way bionic has a confirmed 1 GHZ dual core, just not confirmed that it is the TI OMAP 4 like the D3.

not trying to ruin the bionic or anything for you because to me the bionic and D3 are both great devices, the only reason i choose the D3 over bionic was the keyboard. and more than likely they will both have the same version of blur that the D3 has, to me it seems like they are the same device, minus a few minor changes. The RAM + addition of splahtop, 4G, and a physical keyboard. those are really the only differences that I know of so far.

I really wish they had put a gig of ram in the d3, then it would be a no brainer for me. But I don't want to get caught in the same situation that the d1 has now, where it just doesn't have enough ram to run the latest update less than 2 years after it came out! I'm waiting on the Bionic for now (hoping they decided to up the memory to 1 gig in addition to changing the processor), and if that doesn't get decent reviews I'll probably get a d3.

pdc419

Reaction score
From what I've read the D3 has a omap 4430 and the bionic has a omap 4440 processor. The 4440 runs at 1.5 gigahertz. Probably will be underclocked, but it is different. I believe the gpu between the two are different also, with the 4440 being better

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
You very well could be correct, the 4440 would defiantly be a nice addition from the 4430, I was just talking from what I knew, mainly the lack of 4G and the keyboard are what convinced me to get the D3 over the bionic. and the 1.5 GHZ would be nice hopefully that is correct and they don't underclock, but it looks like it will be 1 GHZ from all the rumors, but we won't know for sure until it hits shelves or online from moto or VZW.

I think there both great devices, and there both worthy of an upgrade, mainly what you want. If you want 4G then the bionic is the way to go if you want the physical keyboard D3 is the way to go.

From what I've read the D3 has a omap 4430 and the bionic has a omap 4440 processor. The 4440 runs at 1.5 gigahertz. Probably will be underclocked, but it is different. I believe the gpu between the two are different also, with the 4440 being better

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums