Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I use mine to cash in on a free movie deal once in a while. That's about it, though I have used it to share pictures with friends and family without crowding around a phone. I need to move it back down to the mancave where I have the xbox one, but no android tv device. It's currently plugged into the android tv upstairs, which is rather redundant.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Watch movies mainly. I hated transferring everything to a flash drive and then dragging it to my TV downstairs. Now I just Plex it and voila!

I also use it to play music and podcasts when I'm doing chores.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't have cable anymore, so I mainly use it to stream Netflix and YouTube quite regularly :). Occasionally use Hulu Plus, as well, and have my TV setup through my subwoofer and speakers, so I'll stream Google Play Music to it, as well.

It's also pretty convenient to be able to log into my parents' Xfinity account and watch free live TV and on demand by casting a chrome tab, or really casting a tab for any free streaming service.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I use it daily for streaming. I just ordered 2 2nd gen units and will have one on every TV in my house..

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bought one for work when they were on sale. Just in case and for $20 I thought it would be worth it for just one time a client to say "can I somehow show my phone content in your video system?"
So I can borrow it anytime.
Apparently not much reason to with a Roku on every TV.

Tap'n Turbo

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Typically to cast YouTube to either of the TV's, easier since I always have the Nexus 10 going and sometimes the big TV is mobetta, also on the TV in the 5th wheel, for travel at WiFi parks...