Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Hangouts for me. Super quick and easy to use. For now most of my friends are on it so I don't have to worry about what platform they are on.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I've been using GoSMS on for years now on my Past 4 Android Phones. Maybe I will try Textra.

Hartman3216

Reaction score
I just get annoyed with the adds on GoSMS

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Give Yaata a try, I replaced gosms with it. The developer is from xda and supper responsive. There is a support group on Google+

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Gave Yaata a try and good call @cynkrzy - definitely a nice SMS replacement app and very customizable with lots & lots of options!

jplemt

Reaction score
Yaata is kind of like going to a buffet for messaging. If you have it definitely delve deep into the settings and try everything. I didn't like the popup, but I really like the heads up message alert, and the ability to customize every aspect of the entire app.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Yaata is kind of like going to a buffet for messaging. If you have it definitely delve deep into the settings and try everything. I didn't like the popup, but I really like the heads up message alert, and the ability to customize every aspect of the entire app.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I turned the popup off but liked the chathead feature as well - so many things to tweak on the app!

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I use the chathead when the screen is unlocked, the big popup when the screen is off.

Hartman3216

Reaction score
Like the customizing toy can do with yaata but it refused to DL a photo. No idea why, textra did it right away

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I've been using Yaata for the past couple days....It looks to be a fairly new app with only 10K downloads but I really like it. Thanks for the suggestion @cynkrzy !
I used Yaata for a few months but as a warning I did have issues with sending MMS. It would act like it sent but never actually did. Also had multiple texts that never came in so I had to move on. I really liked the app and the options.

Note 4tified

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The developer has been very responsive to bug reports. The past few releases have been solid, even on my antique rom.

Might want to give it another shot unless you've found an app that does everything you want

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The developer has been very responsive to bug reports. The past few releases have been solid, even on my antique rom.

Might want to give it another shot unless you've found an app that does everything you want
I'm hooked on Textra now. Been 100% problem free. Unfortunately for me it's imperative I get all messages right away.

Note 4tified

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I use Google messanger or at least I think it's from Google it has a blue icon and same spelling as Facebook messanger but different icon. But why does Google have a messanger and hangouts which can act as a messanger. The app freezes the keyboard when I click a noticatification siftimes and have to close open the keyboard in another message to get it work again but so far it is the most stable on my turbo but my favorite app for the features is chomp but I haven't used since it caused problems with resending messages in combo with battery issue see my separate thread. So far the Google messanger has been working but mostly bland on features

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I use Google messanger or at least I think it's from Google it has a blue icon and same spelling as Facebook messanger but different icon. But why does Google have a messanger and hangouts which can act as a messanger. The app freezes the keyboard when I click a noticatification siftimes and have to close open the keyboard in another message to get it work again but so far it is the most stable on my turbo but my favorite app for the features is chomp but I haven't used since it caused problems with resending messages in combo with battery issue see my separate thread. So far the Google messanger has been working but mostly bland on features

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Because hangouts didn't have SMS for years and they built Messenger to handle it.