What features do you want in a ROM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

biknut1

Reaction score
ROM features

Please share what features you would like to see as CORE FEATURES in the ROM (the essentials, features you use everyday).
And we'd also like to hear the EXTRAS that you want in the ROM.

First I confess that I don't know what I am asking here, but hoping it isn't too much. I have not seen Liberty, but I have read about it's toolbox which sounds like a great idea. Would it be asking too much to have a ROM with the basics that it needs to run, then having options on much of the other things. As I read through these posts it is easy to see how everybody likes things just a little bit differently. I am sure that would increase the load on the devs- maybe basics first then other options added later. For example, maybe 1 keyboard layout at first, maybe some others after the ROM is up and running. May not work, just an idea.................

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Would it be asking too much to have a ROM with the basics that it needs to run, then having options on much of the other things.

This is exactly what I had planned for the ROM and I'm pretty sure that Burryboi and Wozzy are also on the same page. A minimalist, streamlined ROM with feature bundles that can be added later. I will begin work shortly on removing bits of the stock ROM until I can get it down to most basic functions while still remaining stable with Phone/text/browsing capabilities.

rusty815

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I asked for, as close to stock as possible, no bloat or reinstalled packages that we don't need, and the toolbox for adding on what we want, but I wanted a different launcher installed for added functionality and more eyecandy, launcher pro is as good as it gets and consumes less battery than the stock launcher.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yeah launcher pro will be in the base due to the fact it is free takes memory/cpu to run cool features the tool box when released in the final version will have ADW in it as a option ....Also there is a few devs trying to get the sense launcher only found on htc Phones packed up into a nice little Apk package so that is a option as well

OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
I was wondering about pulling some stuff over from HTC. sounds good

rusty815

Reaction score
Sense would be a great thing to have in the toolbox, im a big fan of the new version of sense that is showcased on the etc flyer, when that comes out I hope it is ported to other devices ;)

Genetics

Reaction score
Have you looked at the GO series of apps as options. I've switched to their launched and text app.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jt1359

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen go launcher, I think it actually works a little better than Launcherpro, although I still always go back to Launcherpro cuz it's what I'm used to. I wonder when Fede is gonna finish the rewrite, or at least come out with an update. There hasn't been one since January.

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
according to his twitter & other ways I have got email updates for me being a supporting member of his work for buying launcher pro Plus i get a email every so often ...i am sure it is a email blast but what ever he is working on a few projects not only launcher pro but it said will rival most launchers out guessing ADW might be getting a run for its money when he releases this new re write of launcher pro

rusty815

Reaction score
I like go launcher ex, but it lags a bit for me, especially the app drawers, I don't like the stock app drawers in go launcher, and it wastes more battery than launcher pro. Im also a lpp user, donated and everything, I still think its the best overall launcher.

Now back on subject, we should try to get a consensus on what base alps the rom should have, besides the toolbox and a launcher

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
go launcher does lag in app drawer is the only reason i go back to lp

clouse2013

Reaction score
I've been on liberty for a while now and love the multitude of themes. Maybe u guys could design a black and white theme like oreo slice. I also like the see through notification bar like on most liberty themes. I would also like very good battery life in a theme. Just some suggestions.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I would want a nice easy way to install themes. Maybe a seperate tab in the "toolbox" with nice thumbnails and all. When this rom is at a stable state, I'm SO making roms for it. For now, it's a WP7 theme for Fission. But I would rather be making it for the Get-r-done rom!

evor1

Reaction score
led options. being able to change color, set different color for different notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.