What launcher is everyone using?

ziggityz

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the blur skin..so I've been using Launcher Pro since almost day 1 with my x2. It's getting very hard to live with the re-draws that occur when going back to the home screen. It didn't bother me too much at first as the x2 was my first smart phone, but now after using it for several months, it drives me insane. I've tried Go Launcher and it seemed to chew through my battery, and seemed a bit heavy as opposed to LP. I tried ADW for about 5 minutes and was very slow, didn't like it from the start. I tried Zeam it was too simple. Sentio UI seems killer but who knows when it will be out. So what launcher is everyone else using......and....is there a way to solve my re-draw problems, I am un-rooted, so I can't run some script to help fix it, which I have seen in some other threads...any help is appreciated.

I'm not a huge fan of the blur skin..so I've been using Launcher Pro since almost day 1 with my x2. It's getting very hard to live with the re-draws that occur when going back to the home screen. It didn't bother me too much at first as the x2 was my first smart phone, but now after using it for several months, it drives me insane. I've tried Go Launcher and it seemed to chew through my battery, and seemed a bit heavy as opposed to LP. I tried ADW for about 5 minutes and was very slow, didn't like it from the start. I tried Zeam it was too simple. Sentio UI seems killer but who knows when it will be out. So what launcher is everyone else using......and....is there a way to solve my re-draw problems, I am un-rooted, so I can't run some script to help fix it, which I have seen in some other threads...any help is appreciated.

Hope you don't mind a Bionic owner chiming in; I was a long time user of LauncherPro and loved it. It worked well on my D1. On the new Bionic I installed LP immediately and soon started having the redraw issue with it and moved to Go Launcher as a result. I've had no issues so far with Go Launcher on the Bionic.

The original Droid is now in my wife's hands and it has Chevy 4.96, V8 Supercharged and LauncherPro and all is well with it too.

Go launcher is by FAR the best. Never drains more than 2% battery. Make sure it is set to not close on low memory and disable all the fancy stuff if youre worried about battery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

I'm using the latest build of Go Launcher on my D3 and love it. I haven't noticed any difference in the battery drain. I've been running it for the last 4 weeks now. Also I've not modified it at all. I installed it and just customized my layout/theme but have not removed anything to make it perform better. It's working just fine as-is.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:
hmmmm maybe I'll give go another try....

Add me to the go launcher crew but stay way back from the weather, FB widgets... They have been subject of a few curious bugs lately...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hmmmm maybe I'll give go another try....

Notice that all those people were using phones other than the X2.. So don't assume yours is going to work because others were successful..

They are using different phones.. Happens a lot on these forums, someone will answer a question and not even have the phone for which the forum is under..

Go Launcher is by far the best.

Not impressed with QQ Launcher, Launcher Pro is no longer being updated and, ADW I was not impressed with either.

Go Launcher developers are very active and I love their product.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I installed go again today, the redraw issue is almost non existent and maybe its because I was customizing it all day but my elixir tells me go has used 4% of my battery if only fede would update LP, I know he was making uber music, and now that is out...so hopefully we get a new LP build soon! Sentio really looks slick too, if it ever sees the light of day.

Because of how tapatalk and forum apps list posts. In any case an answer is better than none!

I installed go again today, the redraw issue is almost non existent and maybe its because I was customizing it all day but my elixir tells me go has used 4% of my battery if only fede would update LP, I know he was making uber music, and now that is out...so hopefully we get a new LP build soon! Sentio really looks slick too, if it ever sees the light of day.

Its the fact that the cpu is used foreground for customization. Chews through battery like a hog through slop. % required for just gol is low.

When I had my D2 I ran Crazy Home and really liked it more due to Crazy Dude's great customer service and support. He quickly got back via email with any issues I was having. Problem was it got glitchy, not sure if a phone thing or the launcher itself. Then tried ADWLauncher EX which I liked much better and had run for almost a year.

Now with my new X2 I'm running ADWLauncher again and extremely happy with it. Battery life seems fine all things considered. I'm not familiar with Launcher Pro but may look into it just for giggles.

I use launcherpro (nonplus cuz i'm cheap). I had redraw issues on 2.3.3, but I SBF'd 2.3.4 about a week ago and haven't noticed a single redraw since. maybe it's just a matter of time before they happen, i'll try go launcher again if they do.

I use launcherpro (nonplus cuz i'm cheap). I had redraw issues on 2.3.3, but I SBF'd 2.3.4 about a week ago and haven't noticed a single redraw since. maybe it's just a matter of time before they happen, i'll try go launcher again if they do.

Why I left LP is because they no longer update the app. It's as if they've abandoned the whole project.

Go L dev are always updating and creating new themes.

Also, I've had no problem with my battery life.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Back