What's this icon?

Reaction score
View attachment 66611Hey guys, I saw this icon for the first time yesterday and I'm curious what it is. It somewhat resembles the roaming icon but everywhere I've searched I haven't found an exact match for the icon. I'm running stock. (The icon in question is above the signal bars in the notification bar)

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I did some reading up on femtocells and small cells and I think I'm more confused :) Thanks for clearing that up

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
View attachment 66611Hey guys, I saw this icon for the first time yesterday and I'm curious what it is. It somewhat resembles the roaming icon but everywhere I've searched I haven't found an exact match for the icon. I'm running stock. (The icon in question is above the signal bars in the notification bar)
That ICON indicates you are connected to a Verizon signal extender (or some kind of signal extender).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That is I fact the wireless Network Extender. I was incorrect in my reading of the OP initially and thought he was referring to the one to the left, plus sign in a box and signal bars. Another member, Captain Crypto informed me of my mistake (thanks).

There is a list of all the Samsung status bar icons and their functions. Hit the menu button, select settings, tap the more tab, scroll down to about phone and tap it. There you'll find an icon glossary showing all the Samsung and Android icons. The one in the op's post is a Verizon icon.

maba4ahu.jpg

u3yqevu5.jpg

qubyde7u.jpg

beduqyby.jpg

There's more but that covers the ones Samsung it could have been. The one I was referring to is for the Location Services.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to argue, but the wireless extender icon is a tiny house with what looks like a Wi-Fi signal level above it.

I have the same icon as he does on my SGS4, and I don't have a wireless extender nearby.

There is a list of all the Samsung status bar icons and their functions. Hit the menu button, select settings, tap the more tab, scroll down to about phone and tap it. There you'll find an icon glossary showing all the Samsung and Android icons. The one in the op's post is likely a Verizon icon or its new since the most recent update.

maba4ahu.jpg

u3yqevu5.jpg

qubyde7u.jpg

beduqyby.jpg

There's more but that covers the ones it could have been.

I don't understand. The OP's picture has a little house with the signal icon above it. I have a VZW Network Extender and that's the icon I had on my Bionic and my S4. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

Sent from my SCH-I545 DEV

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't understand. The OP's picture has a little house with the signal icon above it. I have a VZW Network Extender and that's the icon I had on my Bionic and my S4. Or did I misunderstand what you are saying?

Sent from my SCH-I545 DEV

My bad...I misread his post. :(

The icon over the signal bar is in fact the network extender...I was referring to the larger icon to the left, plus sign inside the box with bars, which I've come to find out is the Location Services icon.

Please disregard.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Verizon Network Extender and what's interesting is that in the Bionic the femtocell icon appears, but on the S4 I also see the words "Network Extender" at the bottom of the pull down

Last edited: