What's your favorite Smart Action? Compiling a list to share

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
First week with my Razr Maxx and I am blown away with the battery live, and Smart Actions. Today I sit at 30% battery life left at 1 day 20 hours and 19 minutes with 4.5 hours screen on time and 1 hour of voice calls, and almost one hour NFL Mobile time. (Combine). I should have no problem making it through the weekend without a charge.

I believe the long battery life is due to setting up SMART ACTIONS on Friday and using 3G/4G only when needed. So Data is only enabled when I am not connected to a Wifi connection. For me I am at work for most of the day using my work Wifi and at home on our home Wifi so no need to have 4G sucking battery life. I believe this has almost doubled my battery life. Before setting up and using SA I was getting around 24 to 28 hours between charges. With Smart actions I will go over 48 run time.

I have other Smart Actions set up to optimize battery life and they all work seamlessly to get the most out of the phones battery life, but what I would like to do here is create a thread that captures the creative and useful Smart Actions you have thought up for your phone that may include battery life but also go beyond that, and tap into it other useful abilities.

One such SA for me is using it to send a text message to my wife when I leave work to let her know when I will be home. My schedule changes by the minute daily and I hardly ever get out the door at a regular time, and I am bad about calling or texting to let her know when I am on the way. My Smart action is triggered by the Bluetooth connection to my in car stereo within a time frame during the workweek of 4pm to 8pm. SA then sends a text to my wife's phone letting here know I am on the way. I work Saturdays also and set up a separate time frame for it.

This is still pretty basic and I know as time goes on we will be able to use SA to do so many more creative and useful things and we can all learn from one another to get the most from it. If you would share your favorite SA with us post your thread in this format:

Name your Smart Action - Leaving work text
Describe your Smart action - Giving my wife a heads up on when I will be home due to constantly changing schedule. Smart actions sends a text to her phone when leaving work.
Triggers - Bluetooth on in car stereo, Time frame Tuesday through Friday and unique one for Saturday
Actions - Send text message to wife

lisalisa13

Reaction score
What is smart actions?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

surge

Reaction score
It is an app that let's you manage which services are running on your Motorola Razr. I'm not sure if other phones have it. I have several I am using, but after reading the opening post in this thread I enabled a smart action to shut down data anytime I am on wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SEColwell

Reaction score
VIP caller I know no matter where I am or what my phone sound is set on my wife can call and it will ring.....I work out of town a lot and I turn the sound to silent and prior to smart actions I would leave sound on and hear tones all night but now silent all and if there is a 911 moment my wife can call and it will ring loud

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

techgov8

Reaction score
I use display off and not charging for the triggers and I have it shut off gps, background sync, data, and wifi. This saves a lot of battery for sure

MEEF

Reaction score
I currently use the following smart actions:

Work
Trigger - Location
Actions - Silence ringtone / Change wallpaper

Home
Trigger - Location
Actions - Ringer volume 100% + vibrate / Change wallpaper / Change ringtone

Battery saver
Trigger – Battery level <10%
Actions – Wi-Fi off / GPS off / Bluetooth off / Background Sync off / Cellular Data Disable / Screen Timeout 15 seconds / Brightness 0%

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I use display off and not charging for the triggers and I have it shut off gps, background sync, data, and wifi. This saves a lot of battery for sure

Yep, I think this is the biggest battery saver right here. I don't ever use GPS but I have the same setup for it to turn off background sync, data, and wifi, went 5 1/2 hours the other day and was still at 100% while at work.

LBJay

Reaction score
I set one up for my wife. Her commute to and from work is at the same time every day, usually in very heavy traffic. She doesn't like talking on the phone while driving even "handsfree"

Commute
Triggers
Timeline - Morning 7:30-8:00 am or Evening 5:00-5:30 pm MTWTF
Incoming Call

Actions
Voice Announce
Send Text Message -"I'm driving right now. I'll get back to you shortly"

So when she is driving and her phone rings, it will say the name of the person calling and then texts them the message. This way without even looking at her phone, she knows if it's someone she needs to call back as soon as she arrives.

Redbeaver

Reaction score
Extender - Screen ON
T: Display ON, Charging NO, Batt <70%
A: Brightness 0%

Extender - Screen OFF
T: Display OFF, Charging NO, Batt <70%
A: GPS OFF, Background Sync OFF, BT OFF, Cell data OFF

Wifi vs Data
T: Wifi connected to work or home
A: Cell data OFF

Low Batt
T: Batt <25%, Charging NO
A: GPS OFF, BG Sync OFF, BT OFF, Wifi OFF, Cell data OFF, Display Timeout 15sec

Well, I also have CPU Tuner which downclock 1Ghz when batt is <80%, 800mhz when <40%, and 600mhz when <20%...

Razr non-Maxx lasted the whole day including streaming a full 100min movie at the end of the day with 30% left.

razrmaxxmeyer

Reaction score
Newbie to Razr Maxx

Very much a "newbie" to Razr Maxx. I would like to get step-by-step directions on how to set up SMART ACTIONS to use 3g/4g only when I need it. My situation is similar so want to save battery life.

First week with my Razr Maxx and I am blown away with the battery live, and Smart Actions. Today I sit at 30% battery life left at 1 day 20 hours and 19 minutes with 4.5 hours screen on time and 1 hour of voice calls, and almost one hour NFL Mobile time. (Combine). I should have no problem making it through the weekend without a charge.

I believe the long battery life is due to setting up SMART ACTIONS on Friday and using 3G/4G only when needed. So Data is only enabled when I am not connected to a Wifi connection. For me I am at work for most of the day using my work Wifi and at home on our home Wifi so no need to have 4G sucking battery life. I believe this has almost doubled my battery life. Before setting up and using SA I was getting around 24 to 28 hours between charges. With Smart actions I will go over 48 run time.

I have other Smart Actions set up to optimize battery life and they all work seamlessly to get the most out of the phones battery life, but what I would like to do here is create a thread that captures the creative and useful Smart Actions you have thought up for your phone that may include battery life but also go beyond that, and tap into it other useful abilities.

One such SA for me is using it to send a text message to my wife when I leave work to let her know when I will be home. My schedule changes by the minute daily and I hardly ever get out the door at a regular time, and I am bad about calling or texting to let her know when I am on the way. My Smart action is triggered by the Bluetooth connection to my in car stereo within a time frame during the workweek of 4pm to 8pm. SA then sends a text to my wife's phone letting here know I am on the way. I work Saturdays also and set up a separate time frame for it.

This is still pretty basic and I know as time goes on we will be able to use SA to do so many more creative and useful things and we can all learn from one another to get the most from it. If you would share your favorite SA with us post your thread in this format:

Name your Smart Action - Leaving work text
Describe your Smart action - Giving my wife a heads up on when I will be home due to constantly changing schedule. Smart actions sends a text to her phone when leaving work.
Triggers - Bluetooth on in car stereo, Time frame Tuesday through Friday and unique one for Saturday
Actions - Send text message to wife

jrpbulk

Reaction score
When I connect mine to my car doc my SA turns on bluetooth, gps. I also have one that when it detects my home wifi it turns cell data off

LabShark

Reaction score
It is an app that let's you manage which services are running on your Motorola Razr. I'm not sure if other phones have it. I have several I am using, but after reading the opening post in this thread I enabled a smart action to shut down data anytime I am on wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Will the 3G/4G icon still show? Mine does.

Update - I wasn't on Wifi. Duh.

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
VIP caller I know no matter where I am or what my phone sound is set on my wife can call and it will ring.....I work out of town a lot and I turn the sound to silent and prior to smart actions I would leave sound on and hear tones all night but now silent all and if there is a 911 moment my wife can call and it will ring loud

Mr.Colwell's Razr Maxx covered with an otterbox defender with an invisisheild screen protector! ®™

I have mine set up with the wife on "un-VIP". That way when she calls it WON'T ring. "Sorry honey, I didn't hear the phone ring when you called to say you wanted to go shopping so I thought it was OK to go out with the guys."

William_04_x

Reaction score
I have mine set up with the wife on "un-VIP". That way when she calls it WON'T ring. "Sorry honey, I didn't hear the phone ring when you called to say you wanted to go shopping so I thought it was OK to go out with the guys."

That puts the smart in smart actions. Lol

From RAZR MAXX

liras

Reaction score
i dont see voice announce on my razr

I dont see "Voice Announce" as a smart action on my razr. Just wondering how you set that. It is actually something i would like t oturn on permanently for text arrivals however i havent been able to find that setting anywhere. I would need to turn it off for work too. I found it for voice but not texts.