Whats your HEAVY USE battery time?

googlelover

Reaction score
My battery, since I got it only lasts for 4 hours with 4g turned on and moderate use. I keep 4g turned off now, and it lasts for over 15 hours. I really wish I got the droid 3. It has a keyboard and no 4g to kill my battery constantly and instantaneously. I just turned my 4g on to download a torrent, at 3 bars of service my battery went from 100 to 60 in an hour. I am pretty sure LTE is a crude unfinished technology that has no practical use. I guess it's my fault for believing the media when they said that the battery lasts for over 15 hours with 4g on. Probably what they mean by long term evolution is that it will be a long term before this evolves into something that we can actually use. Kill your 4g and your battery will last. The radio sucks massive power in standby for no reason.
Well, theres your problem, your downloading a freaken torrent over a cell phone, that will kill the battery extremely fast as it uses all the speed it can get which means your phone has to work harder to keep the signal on and process all the data, and maybe your area has bad 4g coverage? Just because it shows 3 bars doesn't mean much. Sites that have tested the accuracy of the bars shown on a phone have said that they usually have nothing to do with how good the connection is, and they found its really just a good indicator of whether you have signal or not.

foedawg

Reaction score
Sounds like a droid version of a Thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mostly get 8-9 hours consistently w the extended.... im in a terrible cell reception building w 4g on.... I utilize sleep mode when I know im not gonna use it for a little while and when im in places that don't get 4g and it lasts twice as long as any phone I've had in this place

Heavy user is mainly screen on time ... for example my dx was on airplane mode for 6 days... didn't use it much... then played a game for 3.5 hours and it was dead..... so it lasted 6 days w 3.5 hours screen on time .... but if I take it off the charger full and start playing it will be dead in 4 hours

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
I disconnected my charger at about 7a friday morning. Its now 12:30a on Sunday morning and I have about 10%.

I've played several games, made some calls, sent texts and have been surfing moderately heavy. Oh, I've also played 3 hours of pandora as well as having played at least 2 hours of mp3s.

I should say that I have the extended battery.

Last edited:
OP
W

wonsong82

Reaction score
Thx guys, I was getting 10%-20% drop every hour without really using much, topped at around 8 hours max.
I brought the phone back to the store and showed the guy with the battery stats of 4 hours to be fully discharged.
He swapped the battery and I put juice defender + 4g off + screen 10%. With light (couple phone calls, maps, navi, weather, browse like 10-15min game) I was able to pull 25 hours.
I did the light use on purpose to test out how much it could last in max.

The next day, I did heavy use with navi (about 2-3 hours navi) and the battery became around 15% in like 8 hours. then it lasted another 8 hours just with the last juice without really using alot.
This seems acceptable now, and i am happy I swapped the battery.

Now, I am back to my ordinary life style, sync few messengers, 3 gmails, etc, 4g off (wifi on at work), now 5hours passed and still 80%, with voice call of 30min!!
I guess I will pass extended battery (im a thin guy and don't like baggy pants, phone with case is already kinda big for my pocket, and i ordered 3 cases for the standard battery already lol)

15-25 hours with moderate use sounds decent especially when i have rapid car charger, and regular charger along with my laptop in the city all the time.

waiting for Unl3ash3d 1.3x, it would be awesome with 1% battery stats. I heard there were battery life drop from 1.1 to 1.2, anyone experienced this?

Jaycea22

Reaction score
waiting for Unl3ash3d 1.3x, it would be awesome with 1% battery stats. I heard there were battery life drop from 1.1 to 1.2, anyone experienced this?

I use battery monitor widget, it shows 1% increments also has a nice graph history timetable to show you your battery life. At 10:57 am i had 76% and it dropped to 75% at 11:42 am. It's free too, so you should check it out.

yiannis

Reaction score
My extended battery went from 81% to 15% in about 140 minutes of two-way videocalling with skype.

In terms of heavy almost continuous internet browsing I probably get about 7 hours of extended battery life.

Droids

Reaction score
There's some garbage-ware app on the phone called Social Location, and I had read somewhere that it's a battery drainer. I opened it and turned it off, and got rid of the default social widgets on the home screens, and rebooted. My battery life improved a lot, almost doubled. I'm still getting the extended battery and whenever I get around to it, I'll root it and kill off the garbage apps that have no business being on my hardware.

gdbjr

Reaction score
The biggest thing that no one takes into account is coverage. Two people who use the phone in the exact same way will get vastly different battery results if one person is in great coverage and if one is in marginal coverage.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very true I get very little signal at my house so it will drain faster.

OP
W

wonsong82

Reaction score
There's some garbage-ware app on the phone called Social Location, and I had read somewhere that it's a battery drainer. I opened it and turned it off, and got rid of the default social widgets on the home screens, and rebooted. My battery life improved a lot, almost doubled. I'm still getting the extended battery and whenever I get around to it, I'll root it and kill off the garbage apps that have no business being on my hardware.

How did you turn that off? I was trying to find a way to turn it off within the application, couldnt find the way, ended up just freezing it from TB

cjsmoove

Reaction score
2 rounds of Let's Golf...Words with Friends and heave internet use and a few phone calls I'm looking at 6 hours tops..

Stories

Reaction score
I can get through a full day (7am-11pm) with light-medium usage (~1 hour screen time) with 4G on, the battery mode set to performance, and Juice Defender on standard on my standard battery. By the time I'm going to bed, my phone is at about 0%.

Droids

Reaction score
How did you turn that off? I was trying to find a way to turn it off within the application, couldnt find the way, ended up just freezing it from TB
Open Social Location, hit menu, and press Off. I just did it again, then reopened it and there is no On option, just Off. Starting to think this crap-ware just restarts itself. Really, this is piss-poor programming. People buy these phones expecting to have enough battery to make it through the day, and they probably would if it wasn't for the bloat. Poorly written bloatware that is forced on us makes my blood boil.