Where's my mini

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you pre-ordered a Pixel 2 XL during the promotional period for a free Google home mini and you haven't gotten it yet then read below.

It has been 6 weeks and still I didn't get my email. So I went to the Google store, hit the help chat, copied and pasted my order number for the rep and waited. In a few minutes he generated my code and I ordered my mini.

"But it's only $25".

Why pay $25 if I don't have to or I could use that money to buy something else or an extra mini as a gift.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, they are only 25 bucks right now. ;-D

Don't you hate it when you feel like you've been forgotten?
I didn't think I was forgotten, I thought Google may have been trying to pull a fast one to see how many people during the promotional period they could get to forget and just pay for it themselves (since it was only $25).

Maybe they thought they could guilt some in feeling like they shouldn't be bugging Google over something that cost so little?

That or, as you said, they forgot.

Either way I just reminded them again after me asking twice before and being told that they would be sent out at 6 weeks after your shipping date.

In other words, they could have sent me the code when I asked a week ago but instead said I should wait for the email. When I still didn't get my email at week 7.5-8 I felt it was time to remind them again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

conanbarb

Reaction score
I got my Pixel 2 XL at Costco and their paperwork stated within 4 weeks. I had to go to the Costco kiosk for them to fill out some escalation paperwork and a week later a received an email with a Status link saying I will get my Google Mini within 2 weeks.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've not received any notifications or a mini yet. But considering I purchased mine through my employer on a business account, I don't even if the deal holds to begin with.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I got my email when available and I've been using it since..also picked up another one on black Friday deals

Pixel 2 XL

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I preordered my Pixel 2 XL and received the email for to mini last week. Just redeemed it, and it went to no cost with no charge for shipping.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm warming up to this mini. Used it to make s phone call just to see if it could.

"Ok Google call (name of contact)."

It's a cool little toy. It's one of those things that it's not a need and you don't see what the appeal is until you use it yourself. Then it's like wow, welcome to the 21st century.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was just at lowes and they had quite a few minis in a display - maybe about 50 or more on black friday. now they only had a handful. selling pretty good though I think unless they get some smart home devices, it could get boring and start gathering dust.

this is where the google home devices outshines amazon echo devices. very few stores carry the echo devices but most stores carry google home devices like walmart, target, lowes and others. unless you live in a city with best buy, bed, bath and beyond, kohls, and other stores you can only find in larger cities, you can only order echo devices.