why apps to sd card

93fuelslut

Reaction score
What is the good and bad to transfer apps to sd card?
Because I have this app that tells me to transfer a certain app all the time to sd card

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Frees up space on the phone is the only reason for it. Just don't put widgets on there as it slows them down.

LLR0717

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just don't put widgets on there as it slows them down.

LLR0717

^This and keyboard apps too. The only bad I've come across is the more apps that are in the sd and used on the homescreens the longer it could take for the screen to redraw and it may cause lag.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

REMilk

Reaction score
This is a great idea, if it worked!

There is a bug that has been reported here for over a year. There are times when apps moved to the 'SD Card' or the 'Media Area' (dependent on phone) disappear and have to be re-installed.

There are several threads related to disappearing apps.

Just consider your self forewarned if you decide to move apps to the SD Card or Media Area.

Bob

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
This is a great idea, if it worked!

There is a bug that has been reported here for over a year. There are times when apps moved to the 'SD Card' or the 'Media Area' (dependent on phone) disappear and have to be re-installed.

There are several threads related to disappearing apps.

Just consider your self forewarned if you decide to move apps to the SD Card or Media Area.

Bob
Dam I had no idea...thanks man.......u would figure if u saved an app to ur sd card, u could take that card to another droidand have ur app.............. would it make ur phone run a bit faster or save on battery?.......... thanks fellas