Why cant we get 4.4?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Just been posted 4.4 is official

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
How does "Droid-Life" know this and this site didnt?

The guys that work this site and post News mostly "work" days. Updates rarely come after hours. Not bashing at all. They don't need to. Just seems how it is.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So when are we droid razr maxx hd kids getting the 4.4 update????

I hope soon, and I swear I hope it fixes the glitches this phone is riddled with.

Ex: I downloaded the GPS app Waze, right, set it up and so on.... the other night, Sunday, Im driving down to Central Park, the Boathouse, for my cousins wedding... and flipped the Google GPS on as soon as I crossed over the GW so it would take me a certain way (long story, short story if you know Manhattan).

It comes on, and immediately says "App not responding, close app?" so I hit cancel, THEN the effin thing says I need to turn on the GPS!

My wife, in the passenger seat, starts freaking out that Im not paying attention to the road, Im freaking out over the phone and trying to drive, and nearly got into ANOTHER accident trying to use this POS as a GPS.

I nearly, I swear to God, threw it out the window. I wish I had it on tape, I would upload it to youtube and you can see 2 people go from calm to freaking out in under a minute due to a $600 POS.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Remind me not get in a car with Jimmy. ;)

My GPS always works pretty well, Google or Waze.

regedit

Reaction score
Btw, after this 9.30 update, my GPS is working fine.

Sent from Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
It seems, to me and my experiences at least, that the GPS works great when your stopped and just go, not for turning it on while driving. In my above example the only reason I turned it on after the bridge was for it to take me a certain way I was not that familiar with, I didnt need it on from 45 minutes away and waste data. After I uninstalled Waze it seems to be fine most of the time.

Should have used the cars GPS but it doesnt know traffic if there is...

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
If they updated older phones you would have no reason to buy a new one...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Most of us are on 2-year contracts, so keeping up with the latest software versions is important. Beyond 2 years is another story. I, for one, am thrilled that my 1-year-old phone is receiving the latest Software. We shouldn't be abandoned, with a high end phone, after one year. A year from now I will get a new phone. I should not be expected to buy a new phone every year just to keep up.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk.