Why is this phone not more popular?

pjo1966

Reaction score
We went to the Verizon store on the 4th to get a new phone for my partner. He had still been using an old RAZR flip-phone. We had planned on getting him a new RAZR because I love my MAXX and he didn't need the extra battery time. Unfortunately the price on the RAZR jumped $100 on the 1st. The salesman recommended the Lucid. He was an idiot in every other way, but he did get my partner into a smartphone with pretty impressive specs. I'm really surprised this phone isn't more popular.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah with all the big name brands pumping out so many devices it seems like this one got pushed aside. The reason I am replying in here is because a real good friend of mine just picked it up and he loves it. I've played with it a little and it seems solid from what I can tell.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

wcjeep

Reaction score
I've played with two LG's in the past. LG tried to put their dumb phone interface on top of Android. It was not easy to add movies or music compared to my Droid X. Have not seen the most recent phones. Because of my past experience I point people away from LG and Casio Android. If your partner is happy that's all that counts.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I'm only going off of his enjoying the phone and a very brief initial impression. Aside from that I can't say much on it.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

TatDroid

Reaction score
My daughter's had hers for two weeks now, and likes it. She's no novice (started with an Eris, then got an OG Incredible, and now the Lucid) and she uses her phone a lot, so she wanted a powerful phone, and wanted 4G, but did NOT want a monster phone (her words). 4" screen was her max. So the Lucid was really her only option.

When the Incredible 4G came out this week I told her she was still within the 14 day window and could swap for the Incredible, but she's happy with the Lucid. I've purchased 2 phones on release day (OG Droid and Bionic) and both had multiple issues for a while before they became good phones. I haven't heard yet how things are going with the Inc4G, but she decided not to chance it.

She's a happy Lucid owner so far.