WIFI CALLING

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDH

Reaction score
Referring back to the old "Verizon tech spilled the beans" thread, just wondering if anyone has heard more about us getting wifi calling this month??
I have great wifi at home but a fairly weak 4g signal so advanced calling isn't much use. As a matter of fact, I keep it turned off so calls don't drop.
Also, will video calling work over wifi?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It could simply be that nobody knows. I don't have a turbo and I don't use WiFi, so I didn't bother to answer. I'm sure you'll get some replies, hang in there.

S5 tap'n

R

RETG

Only thing I have ever read on the subject is an article. Do a search for wifi calling droid turbo and there is an article about how Verizon said the earliest would be mid-year 2015.

Reactions: cr6

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm also waiting on it too. I have very poor reception at home, I kinda live in the bottom of a valley. I don't think I should have to pay for a network extender as I am already paying for service that I'm not getting. So my fingers are crossed still. The last time I spoke to Verizon tech support about my signal, I was told they were supposed to have already announced the new feature,I think 7/1. He didn't have an idea as to what the delay was but also hadn't heard of a new timeline / date for WIFI calling annoucement or implementation.
I'm pretty sure that video calling will not function as the advanced calling function has to be turned off and 4G / LTE is also disabled when on WIFI, but will resume when off of the local WIFI network.
I need this to come to fruition soon before I have to cave in and purchase this high dollar extender.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.