Wow UD 3.1....18 hrs on a single charge?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Yeah I switched back to stock kernel for better battery life and no heat issues. Proved to be true for me.

Play a jam!

OP
coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Fast w/ incredible battery life

Sent from my 2.3.3 GB Incredible

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
I agree! after seeing this post, I decided to switch back to UD from PE v5.0.2. as i get bored having the same set up for more than a week, i switched to PE from UD for a short period of time. and when UD 3 came out it was giving me a lot of problems. but 3.0.1 is running smoother than ever and today, after a small amount of use, seeing as i was busy most of the day. but almost constant use for the past 3 hours and internet use/texting throughout the day. Im at 70% and its been almost 15 hours. the real test will be on the weekend when I use my phone more! But loving 3.0.1 so far!!

aaronmcc11

Reaction score
Yeah I switched back to stock kernel for better battery life and no heat issues. Proved to be true for me.

Play a jam!

How do I go back to the stock kernel? Reflash the zip? Wont that overwrite certain changes?

Anyone?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not exactly sure. I asked the same question on the first page, but didn't get a response. So, I just reflashed the whole zip. Didn't really overwrite too many changes, just a couple of settings and some other minor things (kept the UD Red theme installed), but it changed the kernel back to stock. Sorry I can't be of more help, but just reflashing the zip worked out fine for me.

Play a jam!

OP
coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Screen shot
4b52cc45-c8a0-28b9.jpg

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Damn. I was just about to jump in on this discussion and share what has also been amazing battery life for me with this ROM and stock kernel, but just as I opened ShootMe the battery finally died. So I won't have the picture to prove it, but it took 34 hours for my battery to go from fully charged to dead (original, stock battery for me here). I was actually trying to kill it because I had cleared battery stats and wanted to get everything reconfigured (I do this everytime I switch new ROMs). Wow. Now all I need is for someone to release a theme I actually like and I'll be able to make the switch to 3.1.1 full-time.

OP
coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Damn. I was just about to jump in on this discussion and share what has also been amazing battery life for me with this ROM and stock kernel, but just as I opened ShootMe the battery finally died. So I won't have the picture to prove it, but it took 34 hours for my battery to go from fully charged to dead (original, stock battery for me here). I was actually trying to kill it because I had cleared battery stats and wanted to get everything reconfigured (I do this everytime I switch new ROMs). Wow. Now all I need is for someone to release a theme I actually like and I'll be able to make the switch to 3.1.1 full-time.

CM7 theme chooser themes work on UD. I'm running greybreadx now. Fyi

Rodeojones

Reaction score

I'm aware of that. The theme choose is nice, if you actually like some of the options for themes. Unfortunately for me, I don't. I guess I'm picky. But themes with colors (like blue, red, green, etc.) aren't for me. I like simple black and white - themes like Blacked Out or Austerity. Thanks for the response, though.

OP
coldhardtruth

coldhardtruth

Reaction score

I'm aware of that. The theme choose is nice, if you actually like some of the options for themes. Unfortunately for me, I don't. I guess I'm picky. But themes with colors (like blue, red, green, etc.) aren't for me. I like simple black and white - themes like Blacked Out or Austerity. Thanks for the response, though.

I'm the same way. Check out greybreadx. Black and white.
aefe30b4-cdb5-e136.jpg

geoff5093

Reaction score
Is everyone using the built in CPU feature of UD, or are you using a third party application like SetCPU? I always used SetCPU but my battery life hasn't been the greatest.