Xoom Stays 'On' Even In Case

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have my Xoom in the Leather Folio Case with Keyboard. I have been noticing lately that my battery has been running down, even after I have just charged it. To my surprise,I have been opening the case to use the device, the screen is on (I don't even have to swipe open the lock sometimes) even though when I had shut the case the screen had already turned off due to inactivity. I then tested further and pressed the button to turn off the screen (not powered off) closed the case and I saw the screen glowing through the crack! Anybody know what could be going on?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Maybe your case is messin with the docking ports on the bottom?

As far as I know there's no magnetic module in there for the xoom to change into a "dock" mode, but I could be wrong.

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Well, part of the mystery may be at hand. Returned the case back to Verizon. No more mysterious display turning on when closing. The new case is a slightly different design. On the old case, just above the keyboard there was a thick leather band that ran the width of the keyboard keys, about 1/2" depth. The new case does not have this leather strip at all. But all is not well, lol, as the snap used to make the back stand pops out and the Xoom plops backwards. And the magnet latch is not strong and pops open as well. Went to return the new case, but they only had the other style with the leather strip - which I chose not to get and will wait for their next shipment, or contact Tylt.

ent from my Xoom using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
See everyone, that's why you get am iPad with the ever so cool smart cover! ;) Not! (still don't see the point of those things,) They offer next to near no protection and cost 70 bucks! :p
All I can figure for your problem was that the case was probably putting pressure on the power button or something!... :p

OP
KeepItReal

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Uh, look for Xoom deal Black Friday. $199.99

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

BYGDADDY8

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Droid X and X2. It was the magnet in my case that somehow kept turning it on. It even caused it to make phone calls. It was triggering the car mode.

capt. dan

Reaction score
I have the same problem. You just need to turn off the keyboard. Any button touch wakes the Xoom. Now the problem I have is every time I turn the keyboard back on I have to manually connect the Bluetooth. It does not automatic connect.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk