Yahoo! Mail Connection Error Problems

stanwelks

Reaction score
My Yahoo! mail has been configured and downloading to my Droid for the past few days and I just checked and I receive a message when I select the account at the very top in yellow "Connection Error"

I just checked from my computer and my Yahoo! email account seems to be working fine, so it seems like this is a Droid issue. Any ideas?

Thanks.

compwrench

Reaction score
read that yahoo and hotmail has to be accesed through a web page. unless you have the paid plans.

goldrhim

Reaction score
I still can't get Yahoo Mail to work

I have read several posts on this and I still can't get my Yahoo mail setup. I have turned off my WiFi, pulled the battery, [email protected], password (yes, it's correct), imap.mail.yahoo.com, port 143, no security... it STILL tells me that the username/password is incorrect...

Any help?!

brianr0131

Reaction score
Then your wifi isn't off. Add the power control widget to a homescreen temporarily and disable wifi on there. You'll see the green light on the widget go off. Then follow the steps.

goldrhim

Reaction score
Ummm....

My WiFi is indeed off. I've had the power widget on there the whole time and it shows off, soo.... next suggestion?

On Droids

Reaction score
login.yahoo.com

secure sign in page..once username and password are entered it will look just like your home PC

goldrhim

Reaction score
Chalk it up to user error all you want, you're wrong. It doesn't work... period. Anyone else that has any valid suggestions?

bmwtech113

Reaction score
i am having this same problem. i have tried the imap.mail.yahoo.com many times and it never works.

gszeman

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find any fix for this?

I had my Yahoo mail set up and was working fine for a week or so. I can recieve messages fine, but my outbox has 3 messages unsent and I get the yellow bar at top that says connection error. My sent items before today show messages that were sent without an issue...I haven't changed any settings on the email account since I st it up and had it working. My wifi is off ( I turned it on and tried and then back off and tried again). It seems odd that all of a sudden it would stop working when it worked all week just fine...

Any help would be appreciated,

Glenn

[EDIT] I switched to Email for Pure widgets and it worked fine...also works with K9...

tkoehler

Reaction score
I've started using the yahoo email and havent run into any problems yet. The only issues i have is all the SPAM email that comes floating thru all the time. My sent messages have made it thru, but i will definitely keep an eye on it and repost if i run into any problems..................

if anyone knows how to ease up on all the SPAM mail,I know it is impossible to stop, it would be greatly appreciated...thanks :icon_ poke:

oceanan

Reaction score
I've used Yahoo I felt it was very good. This is a very handy software.:)

sweaterjunkie

Reaction score
Also having this problem just starting... about 2 hours ago. My Yahoo email has been working fine for several months. Today my phone spontaneously shut itself down and rebooted, and now it is no longer able to access my Yahoo account. As I had not changed anything, I don't see how this could possibly be a user error.

I've been sitting here fiddling with the various server and port suggestions offered in this forum and other forums, rebooting my phone, pulling the battery, deleting and recreating the account etc., and nothing seems to be working. My email is still working fine on my computer.