Yahoo mail - multiple "sent" emails in online folder

wickedjermany

Reaction score
So I just got a droid and I use Yahoo mail. Originally it wouldn't let me set it up, but I did the manual route and now it works (although notifications are basically nonexistent). But my PROBLEM is this:

I just went online to look through my sent mail folder... and there are literally about 250 to 300 copies of EACH email I have sent from my Droid so far.... Ermmmm... thats a little bogus and annoying.

Anybody else encountered this and/or know of a fix? I searched the forum for a bit but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!!

gt7785

Reaction score
same here, I send 2 emails with some pictures, and there were over 1000 emails when I checked my send folder. I have yet to find a solutions to this problem.

gmack35

Reaction score
i never bothered to check on this before, but just noticed a message i forwarded to myself a while ago, from yahoo to gmail, was in my sent box 3194 times. thank god the people you send a message to don't get it multiple times.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I've also experienced this, only I usually only get 50-60 copies of each one. I have no fix, but my theory is that it's some kind of syncing issue between the Droid's email software and Yahoo. I.e, maybe it gets a lot of failed syncs before it actually connects and sends, but then ends up "forwarding" all the previous tries to the sent folder?

JJSMay

Reaction score
Try fix from another poster

In another thread I found this. Looks good on a vrey incomplete test. Give it a try:
"Are you rooted? I'm running a 2.1 ROM and yahoo mail is one of the things they fixed in these later ROMS. In any case, here's the settings I have for outgoing mail, give them a try, see if it works for you:
server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
port: 465
security type: SSL
Check Mark in the "require sign-in" box
user name: whatever is before the @yahoo.com part of your email address
password: pretty self explanatory

I'm curious what you're running and if this worked for you so please let me know. Thanks!"

I posted the full item. See if it works for you (too?).

Jeff

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and plan to get the app ROID for my wkfe who i've convinced to get an android phone.
her ally comes today and her primary email is yahoo.
i'll report the results for the non-rooted people.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and plan to get the app ROID for my wkfe who i've convinced to get an android phone.
her ally comes today and her primary email is yahoo.
i'll report the results for the non-rooted people.

Even if it works, I think I'd avoid that app due to the name alone. :icon_eek: