You CAN save pics via mms.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Open the picture attachment....then long press and save image. It saves to MMS pictures on your SD card.

Didnt know if that has already been discussed, but I vaguely remember reading someone say they werent able to save images via mms.....and it being a deal breaker for them.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Open the picture attachment....then long press and save image. It saves to MMS pictures on your SD card.

Didnt know if that has already been discussed, but I vaguely remember reading someone say they werent able to save images via mms.....and it being a deal breaker for them.

Are you sure you're using the stock MMS.apk from 12.03? What app are you opening the attachments in (Gallery, Astro Image Viewer, etc)?

I don't have an option to save to the SD Card from within the MMS app or after opening a picture in Gallery or Astro.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Are you sure you're using the stock MMS.apk from 12.03? What app are you opening the attachments in (Gallery, Astro Image Viewer, etc)?

I don't have an option to save to the SD Card from within the MMS app or after opening a picture in Gallery or Astro.

Yes...stock MMS...let me look at what Im using...its NOT astro for sure. Dont even have it on my phone.

It only works for multimedia message. My girlfriends brother sent her a picture of a lambo he is installing a system on and some text. The picture opens into a white background...with both pics attached...and the text. You can long press from there.

Single picture didnt work for me though.

mrcastillo

Reaction score
1st click to open , once its open longpress on it , something comes up "save picture" just click on it n donedancedroid

fastco666

Reaction score
Doesn't work for me with stock mms only works with Handcent..

corman324

Reaction score
are you sure youre on 12.3.2 and not .0 or .1? cuz the stock mms clearly doesnt have a "Copy attached to SDcard" option anymore

mikecolorama

Reaction score
are you sure youre on 12.3.2 and not .0 or .1? cuz the stock mms clearly doesnt have a "Copy attached to SDcard" option anymore
absolutely positive. i just looked at the build i'm on and it says 12.2.3 and when i long press on a pic i have lock message, copy attached to SD card, Call #, forward, view message details, and delete message. all are available. i checked my gallery and they are there. this has never been an issue for me.

mikecolorama

Reaction score
1292097304994.jpg

Last edited: