Sounds good. Nothing like a well brewed, cold lager

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hey All! Hope everyone is doing well!
Popped in to see what new and exciting Motorola phones were out. Doesn't look like anything I'm interested in yet since there's no Force type phones and I've been enjoying life without an OtterBox. Bummed. My phone is nearly maxed out on internal storage and I can't find any more apps to delete. Pix & tunes in the cloud... Suggestions until something bright and shiny catches my eye-- short of a FDR? The new Samsung has me rather curious, but I've got all these mods and really love the battery mod. Not sure I can part with that one.
And in case you're wondering, I'm still using THE original Z Force! Yeah, it's still doing great, just a little cramped in there now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello @Gudasau. Keep in mind that all of the new phone talk is only rumors at this point. Moto normally releases the G series in the Spring (G7 already released) and then the Z series in the Summer. So we don't know what the Z4 will be like, and if there even will be a Z4. I still think Shattershield is dead (too expensive, too many complaints, tech reviewers didn't understand it, etc) but hope I'm wrong.

Try the Files Go app by Google. It's a nice little File manager app that has a good Clean option and will show you all the files taking up space on your phone and help you clear them out.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hello @Gudasau. Keep in mind that all of the new phone talk is only rumors at this point. Moto normally releases the G series in the Spring (G7 already released) and then the Z series in the Summer. So we don't know what the Z4 will be like, and if there even will be a Z4. I still think Shattershield is dead (too expensive, too many complaints, tech reviewers didn't understand it, etc) but hope I'm wrong.

Try the Files Go app by Google. It's a nice little File manager app that has a good Clean option and will show you all the files taking up space on your phone and help you clear them out.

Just downloaded File Go and will do some Spring cleaning, thanks @Sajo! Hopefully that'll buy me some time until something really jumps out at me. I do like the looks of my youngest boy's Samsung, but a little scared to move into an entirely different phone manufacturer. He doesn't live close enough to help bail me out if I go sideways setting it up LOL

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just downloaded File Go and will do some Spring cleaning, thanks @Sajo! Hopefully that'll buy me some time until something really jumps out at me. I do like the looks of my youngest boy's Samsung, but a little scared to move into an entirely different phone manufacturer. He doesn't live close enough to help bail me out if I go sideways setting it up LOL
Hey, G! Have you looked in your "storage* page.
Something similar to this:
59fc06fd950f7307b4c48d2e78784758.jpg

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool! Now it shouldn't be "too much longer" until the Z2 gets it also (depending on your definition of too much longer).

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Updated friends Z3 today. She wasn't in love with there new recents in pie.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Updated friends Z3 today. She wasn't in love with there new recents in pie.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t
That happens a lot. For many people they don't want to have to get used to new functionality & don't want their phone to change.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I prefer the old recents, too. I've adjusted but I had that down to a science! Thought it was great.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hey, G! Have you looked in your "storage* page.
Something similar to this:
59fc06fd950f7307b4c48d2e78784758.jpg

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t
Hey Pere!
I went the route of Sajo's suggestion and it's helping for now. I think I need to purge a ton of apps, but not really feeling like losing any of what I've still got. A FDR might be what I need -- or a new phone LOL

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You might want to get the tissues ready.....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you can hold on longer, the Z4 should be announced in July. Who knows, maybe they will bring Shattershield back? I doubt it, but it is possible.