ZAGG Invisible Shield for Droid X Now Taking Orders!!

Jeremyan2

Reaction score
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Do it. I had the full body protection on my Storm 2 + the Otterbox Impact series case and just resold it for near full value, not a single scratch on it. Best $24 I ever spent. The VZ anti-glare protector is cellophane compared to the strength and durability of Zagg's Invisible Shield, and you still maintain a nice crisp display!! Even if you don't go for the full body coverage, do yourself a favor and grab at least the screen protector, sooo worth it, especially if Otterbox comes out with Droid X coverage soon.

xious

Reaction score
I had the Zagg for my iPhone and it was the best skin out there. No orange peel and was very good quality. However, I got it for my Droid and I was very disappointed. It had a rubbery feel to it and the edge pieces would constantly come off. Hopefully their Droid X product is better.

X

Brian C

Reaction score
Best Buy is a place for these

Hi all

When I got my Droid X at Best Buy (Woodland Hills CA, Store 116), they had a good stock of Zagg protectors. I also bought a cover for it (good selection as well). Other Best Buys in So Cal should also have these accessories.

Now a holster...I need one and that is a another story.

OP
J

Jeremyan2

Reaction score
Really?? Best Buy has them already??? I guess I should've gone in store before i ordered from zagg directly.. I'm going in after work to investigate the Best Buy near me (Long Island, NY) because I already checked Best Buy's site and see no accessories for the Droid X :(

JKChad

Reaction score
There's a Zagg Mall Cart in west town mall, Knoxville TN. I had them install the full body on my X yesterday. It's a lot more sensible now. Just 4 big pieces that cover most of the important stuff. I've had them wrap everything I can have done. My Mac book pro, 2 droids, My BB tour, My X, ect.. lol.. I use to sell it and install it at best buy a while ago. I love it!

-Chad-

jst4fun

Reaction score
bought the zagg just for the screen protector part. I used it for about 30 minutes and pulled it off. It was no where near as good as Seidio. It was like having saran wrap on your sreen. sticky not a smooth surface to type on for sure, much less using swype.
So I lived and learned my $29.99 lesson.

JKChad

Reaction score
bought the zagg just for the screen protector part. I used it for about 30 minutes and pulled it off. It was no where near as good as Seidio. It was like having saran wrap on your sreen. sticky not a smooth surface to type on for sure, much less using swype.

No.. being impatient cost you 30 bucks.. Just like window tint. the protector takes about 24-48 hrs to set up all the way.. Mine is silky smooth! Sucks for you..

-Chad-

Grifter

Reaction score

No.. being impatient cost you 30 bucks.. Just like window tint. the protector takes about 24-48 hrs to set up all the way.. Mine is silky smooth! Sucks for you..

-Chad-

Exactly. Don't be impatient and you'll have a great screen protector.

The instructions even say to let it sit a while and dry. I had one for my Moto droid. They put it on at the mall cart, I let it sit over night and it was great. Best cover for your screen bar none! I'm waiting for them to come in (hopefully this week) so I can replace the Verizon one I have on it currently.

khsolX

Reaction score
i bought the zagg screen protector the day i got my dx and love it! very good investment imo

jtdiddy

Reaction score
full body or easy install?

Do you guys recommend getting the full body protection or the easy install one? They are both the same price ($24.99).

thx

AngryANGRYHiPP0

Reaction score
Max Coverage Or Full Easy body Coverage

Do you guys recommend getting the full body protection or the easy install one? They are both the same price ($24.99).

thx

I was wondering the same thing too. I bought the maximum coverage yesterday because it was the same price as the easy full body coverage, but now I'm thinking about going easy full body. Any Suggestions????

AngryANGRYHiPP0

Reaction score
Do you guys get the Invisible Shields and put a silicone or hard case on it or Do you like it "naked" with just the Invisible Shield? I'm just wondering. I personally like the Droid X without the case that is why I'm getting an Invisible Shield in the first place...so I can use the phone "naked" without worrying about scratches or dents if I drop it. Also (sorry another question) Does the Invisible Shield protect the DX from scratches and dents if you drop it? Either way I have insurance on my phone =]

jst4fun

Reaction score
Ok, I have never used one before and there was no instructions with it that said get in 2 days to sit before it becomes perfectly smooth and not sticky to the finger. I have reinstalled it and waiting for it to become as smooth as glass.
Did you say it takes sometimes 48 hours to become slick?
Thanks for the advise, I like the way it goes on, hoping it lives up to what you guys are saying.

Ichig0999

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine online, but the Best Buy I got the phone from had them in stock when I got it >_< Found a discount code to use at the site though, so it was only $22 w/ shipping. I was emailed two more codes that only last until the 26th, and as I doubt I'll be needing anything from them for a while, might as well share them, so enjoy!

25% off purchases:

iaafdwnj

iaafdw7n

These are one time use, so if they don't work someone beat ya to it :p