$150 Lapdock 500

Reaction score
Just ordered it. Total came to $164 after taxes and it was billed to my account so no need to pay in advance. If I don't like it, I can just take it back and only pay a restocking fee....I assume. Either way, no money out of my pocket right now. :)

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
Z

Zandar

Reaction score
I'm so wanting to pull the trigger on this just because it's cool, but I really don't need it. I have a Cr48 I can take with me and tether it to my RAZR. I'll keep repeating this to myself.

Though the Cr48 only has a 12" screen . . . and it's a single core . . . and it won't help me realise my dream of running that sweet Ubuntu hack Canonical is coming out with at MWC . . . but it does have 2GB of RAM.

Must . . . not . . . buy . . . wife . . . will . . . kill me . . .

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok I dunno how much I will actually use it but I just ordered. LOL

Ed270

Reaction score
Sweet deal !!!!!! Got 1on order now I will have to give my daughter my tablet :)

boddah

Reaction score
I'm with you unfortunately Zandar, my wife will kill me lol

SlackerX

Reaction score
Ordered one today for my bionic. Couldn't pass that price up.

DeeMat

Reaction score
At that price, I had to pull the trigger - on its way.

mack1951

Reaction score
$160.49 with the tax. What a deal.dancedroid Now if I can just explain why I needed to get it to the wife I'll be golden. Have to make sure I know what day it's comming so I can get flowers on the way home from work.:biggrin:

Ed270

Reaction score
Just curious if anybody had theirs shipped yet? Would hate to think this is a screw up like best buy made with their TV or recently Radio shack did with their laptop. I am sure Verizon would not honor their price

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody had theirs shipped yet? Would hate to think this is a screw up like best buy made with their TV or recently Radio shack did with their laptop. I am sure Verizon would not honor their price

Could be they'll cancel the (many) orders. But if so, I'm out nothing but some more time wasted on Verizon's AWFUL website. And I've wasted many more hours trying to navigate that terrible site over the years. If the order does go through the savings will be a very small repayment for my time over the years.

By the way, I'm not familiar with either of the cases you cite but I am familiar with cases where a newspaper ad or flyer specifies an absurdly low price for an item as a result of an error. In those cases the vendor is not required to honor the price though they sometimes make some sort of accommodation with those who try to purchase the item in the form of a gift certificate. But that is purely a matter of maintaining good will with customers.

On the other hand, in this case the purchase was consummated on Verizon's own website. They took my CC number and gave me an order number. If they place a charge against that card they're obligated to complete the transaction. Otherwise, it's fraudulent. I'm prepared to receive an apologetic email from the incompetent boobs who manage the Verizon website if they don't charge my card, but if they do, they're gonna ship the lapdock.

P.S. Even more mysterious is a comment I noticed on another website. According to the poster if one purchases the lapdock for the Razr rather than the Droid 4 the price shows as $249. However, if one completes the transaction, the charge shown in the cart is only $149. Don't know whether this is true and don't know if it reflects VZW's decision to abide by the price they set for a phone they claim is incompatible with the lapdock or whether it's simply more incompetence in the management of their website.

Last edited:

Ed270

Reaction score
Best buy had mistakenly put a 52" Samsung Tv on sale for $9.99 back in 2009 (online) orders were confirmed and then canceled by best buy. Radio Shack had a toshiba laptop reg $469 on sale for $69 (should have been on sale for $400)in Jan 2012 .

Sprode

Reaction score
Anyone know if the phone (D4) will fit in the lapdock 500 with the verizon case? I had an employee tell me so when I bought the 4, but I'm not sure I believe him.