2.0 Theme or rom issues or requests post here.

MJ5150

Reaction score
After five days with Sourcery 2.0, I have no issues to report at all. This ROM is really slick and efficient. Every app I install from the market works just fine.

Props to the dev team for doing some great work on an "ancient" device. :D

-Mike

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is working well for u every time I see a new post in this thread I start to cry lol always means more work for me lol but for once there was a good post in this thread

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
oh i see it the other way

i say oh cool 1 of the 3 users posted something.
well according to the poll if people are using the rom it looks like 3 but i think gflam uses it and i do so thats at least 5.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Sorry guys I didn't know there was a poll.
Been super busy as all know I don’t shy away from posting.
ROM is sweet saucery.
Running some tests for some developers on the side since they requested my help.
It is the bomb

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
There are more then 3 users Eagle.... Don't be modest.
Sourcery is popular and the lack of posts mean lack of issues. A statement not very many developers can make.

dumerildude

Reaction score
I've been using sourcery since 1.1 and jumped on 2.0 immediately when it was released and has been my only Rom. Personally I've had no issues and like everything about it. I'm rocking Yanks incinerate theme and found that it was about time to tell both Gflam and Eagle you guys have done and continue with your support an outstanding job. So cool to have devs like yourself making my Droid a thing of beauty and I too will be making a donation as soon as I can.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Speaking of donations, I came up with a good idea in last evening's haze.
It seems like most developers have a buy me a beer, donation link.
I think that you guys should have a buy me a flagon or chalice of your finest mead.
Gotta commit to your roles of being wizards from the realm in the dark ages.
Mmmmm....danceswithflagons

walkin the walk and tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

kratos

Reaction score
The only issue I ran into was that about 13-15 hours after flashing it, my became extremely laggy. I am using a Slayher LV 1.1GHz kernel and don't have any problems with that kernel on any other ROM.

I love the ROM, but had to revert to my tried and true, for the time being at least. But, it was taking 20-30 seconds to open apps, the phone became unresponsive multiple times for 1-2 minutes at a time and it continued this even after reboots, battery pulls, etc.

I made a nandroid and plan to revert to that when the next release comes. Hopefully the next release will take care of it.

Again, I really like this ROM! It is a very well build ROM and (without the lag I got) is one of the best yet.

Kratos

nornevrder

Reaction score
To be honest

I am going to be totally honest I have had gb fever and have been running lgb and ud3.0 for the last week or so. I did however root and install my wifes phone with sourcery cause in my opinion it is really stable and a rom I can trust not screwing up when I am at work for 2 wks. So far it has been flawless and she loves it. Thanx again for the great work guys.

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
fix 1

The only issue I ran into was that about 13-15 hours after flashing it, my became extremely laggy. I am using a Slayher LV 1.1GHz kernel and don't have any problems with that kernel on any other ROM.

I love the ROM, but had to revert to my tried and true, for the time being at least. But, it was taking 20-30 seconds to open apps, the phone became unresponsive multiple times for 1-2 minutes at a time and it continued this even after reboots, battery pulls, etc.

I made a nandroid and plan to revert to that when the next release comes. Hopefully the next release will take care of it.

Again, I really like this ROM! It is a very well build ROM and (without the lag I got) is one of the best yet.

Kratos

Kratos did you do the fix 1. there were some things that were screwy with some stuff i did to get goggles woriking with slayhers kernels. and it caused some other problems so you can try fix 1 and see if it helps. but remember we are pushing this droid to the limits with poor memory availble. a reboot may help but i havent had that issue of slow down so try fix 1 . Other than that or occasional reboot im not sure whats happening. if you come to irc we might be able to help more.
thanks for trying it out

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
sorry

I am going to be totally honest I have had gb fever and have been running lgb and ud3.0 for the last week or so. I did however root and install my wifes phone with sourcery cause in my opinion it is really stable and a rom I can trust not screwing up when I am at work for 2 wks. So far it has been flawless and she loves it. Thanx again for the great work guys.

Well im the exact opposite. everytime i see gingerbread my temp drops.

Its really funny actually. major problems are blown off as i can deal with it.

But there 20 posts here that the scrolling sourcery cuts off the s when it first appears :)

MJ5150

Reaction score
Sourcery is popular and the lack of posts mean lack of issues. A statement not very many developers can make.

Indeed. This thread could have 1,500 posts in it from people whining about how much the ROM sucks. But since it doesn't, we all just lay low and enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Thanks to eagle1967 and gflam I don't have to bother with my Droid everyday, look up fixes for bugs, install updated patches, or wonder if it is going to crash on me while using it.

-Mike