[ROM] 3/11 - CleanROM ICSE 3.7 ★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6| More Tweaks! | True Art ! |★

jchammer123

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this site and I just had a few questions/concerns about this ROM.
I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and followed the directions exactly to install this ROM and I still cannot get past the white HTC logo screen. When it went into fastboot after installing the ROM it would not install the boot.img file. When I tried to do it manually through Clockworkmod it would start installing - but then it would abort the installation.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Another issue I'm having is that I cannot restore the device to the original stock ROM - it refuses to install the backup I made. Any idea where I can download the stock ROM?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!

Your problem may be with clockwork recovery. You should maybe flash amon ra and see if you can flash it.

Also, do you have any other ph98img files on your sd card? If so, that could be causing it as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm new to this site and I just had a few questions/concerns about this ROM.
I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and followed the directions exactly to install this ROM and I still cannot get past the white HTC logo screen. When it went into fastboot after installing the ROM it would not install the boot.img file. When I tried to do it manually through Clockworkmod it would start installing - but then it would abort the installation.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Another issue I'm having is that I cannot restore the device to the original stock ROM - it refuses to install the backup I made. Any idea where I can download the stock ROM?

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!

My post directly above yours has the answer to your problem. Go to Scottsroms.com (free plug) and look in the downloads for the stock roms.

kc6wke

Reaction score
You're going to need to flash the kernel(boot.img) from the old ROM. If you backed it up you can pull it right from your backup or extract it from Scott's stock ROM. You'll need to flash it in HBOOT just like you did Amon-Ra. Except change the command to: "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

That Worked
Thanks for your help!!

TROPhouse

Reaction score
Just throwing my thoughts in here. I'm kind of a knob to flashing roms but I successfully flashed this yesterday. I want to say this is an excellent rom, likely the most stable ICS out there with sense enabled. With that said, I'm having some definite errors and just wanted to throw them out there so the devs know about it and others might be able to pipe in.

Things that DO work (and one might not expect):
Pretty much all apps... haven't had any FCs yet
Camera Unlock
Wifi Tether <--love it
Updated Browser
Weather animations <--actually, you have to move the widget to the trash and put it back on your home screen again

Things that DONT work:
Beats audio
any DSP/Equalizer program (works once and then refuses to work)
Camera shortcut from lock screen
Several camera effects
Voice text imput <--can be partially rectified by deleting voice search with a root app manager and then reinstalling the stock app from market (texting by voice won't work and neither will microphone from keyboard)

Glitches:
All sounds for ringtones, etc are duplicated in the menu
Can not pinch to zoom out from webpage to the sense ui screen where you can click x to close tabs. Tabs must be closed from options menu
Battery seems to be draining VERY VERY fast. The screen is now using 90% of my battery as opposed to 70% on auto brightness with the stock verizon GB/Sense 3.5

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just throwing my thoughts in here. I'm kind of a knob to flashing roms but I successfully flashed this yesterday. I want to say this is an excellent rom, likely the most stable ICS out there with sense enabled. With that said, I'm having some definite errors and just wanted to throw them out there so the devs know about it and others might be able to pipe in.

Snip...

Glitches:
All sounds for ringtones, etc are duplicated in the menu
Can not pinch to zoom out from webpage to the sense ui screen where you can click x to close tabs. Tabs must be closed from options menu
Battery seems to be draining VERY VERY fast. The screen is now using 90% of my battery as opposed to 70% on auto brightness with the stock verizon GB/Sense 3.5

Most of what you listed is already on the OP. The battery drain you're seeing is probably due to the fact that we don't have a real ICS kernel yet. The one that we do have doesn't even properly support half the batteries out there. So you will certainly see this on anything but an AOSP ROM until HTC releases ICS source.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Most of what you listed is already on the OP. The battery drain you're seeing is probably due to the fact that we don't have a real ICS kernel yet. The one that we do have doesn't even properly support half the batteries out there. So you will certainly see this on anything but an AOSP ROM until HTC releases ICS source.

Mr. Smith,

I was wondering the same thing about the battery life on ics and your comment answered my question. Thank you.

chained22

Reaction score
I was on ineffabilis alpha build and like it, and wanted to try out this one. I read thru the comments to see if anyone was having major problemm. So I took the plunge last night, dropped the rom on my SD, rebooted in clockwork, the rom ran with out a hitch, but when it came to launching back to the bootloader after and loading kernel it would just say " main version is older- update fail", then I get stuck on the 4g boot screen. How can I fix this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
I was on ineffabilis alpha build and like it, and wanted to try out this one. I read thru the comments to see if anyone was having major problemm. So I took the plunge last night, dropped the rom on my SD, rebooted in clockwork, the rom ran with out a hitch, but when it came to launching back to the bootloader after and loading kernel it would just say " main version is older- update fail", then I get stuck on the 4g boot screen. How can I fix this.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Check out my thread in the Rom section called "Just in case this happens to you." It explains how I fixed this.

chained22

Reaction score
Check out my thread in the Rom section called "Just in case this happens to you." It explains how I fixed this.

So I figured I have to pull a kernels for Scott's senseless rom. Here's my question where is the kernel located in that rom... I've never done this, and thank for showing me that thread saved me a headache

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
So I figured I have to pull a kernels for Scott's senseless rom. Here's my question where is the kernel located... I've never done this, and thank for showing me that three saved me a headache

Sent from my Transformer TF101

The kernel is in the p98img.zip. When you have your SD on the computer you'll see ph98img.zip. delete that and if you made a nandroid open that up and copy the boot.img and place it on the SD card. (Not in any of the directories). If you didn't make a nanadroid, download a gb rom and pull the boot.img/ph98img.zip out and use that. Once you boot into boot it'll say something like can't find ph98img.zip. that's it trying to install the ICS kernel; don't worry about that. Boot into recovery, wipe everything, load your nandroid or another gb rom, wipe everything again and you're good to go.

Last edited:

chained22

Reaction score
The kernel is in the p98img.zip. When you have your SD on the computer you'll see ph98img.zip. delete that and if you made a nandroid open that up and copy the boot.img and place it on the SD card. (Not in any of the directories). If you didn't make a nanadroid, download a gb rom and pull the boot.img/ph98img.zip out and use that. Once you boot into boot it'll say something like can't find ph98img.zip. that's it trying to install the ICS kernel; don't worry about that. Boot into recovery, wipe everything, load your nandroid or another gb rom, wipe everything again and you're good to go.

thanks, i appreciate it. Just to add my two sense in, it seems like rezound roms are kinda finicky compared to when i was using my previous D1

Insidious

Reaction score
thanks, i appreciate it. Just to add my two sense in, it seems like rezound roms are kinda finicky compared to when i was using my previous D1

Glad to help! Its because we had that unexpected OTA so not all of the ROMs have been updated yet. Scott's cleanrom 2.3 has been updated for the OTA. Which brings the mainver to like 2.11.605 or something.

chained22

Reaction score

So, i didnt have a nandroid of his previous gb rom, so i went to his site and downloaded his Cleanrom gingerbread v1.6.5, pulled the boot.img(ph98img.zip), put it on my sd, and launched the bootloaded to see if it would give me the error message (main verison is older), well it did. and also i have a problem factory resting, everytime im in bootloader and click factory rest it sends me to clockwork.

Insidious

Reaction score
So, i didnt have a nandroid of his previous gb rom, so i went to his site and downloaded his Cleanrom gingerbread v1.6.5, pulled the boot.img(ph98img.zip), put it on my sd, and launched the bootloaded to see if it would give me the error message (main verison is older), well it did. and also i have a problem factory resting, everytime im in bootloader and click factory rest it sends me to clockwork.

Hmmm. I used amon ra and it worked fine. Do you think you could upload a video of this, I usually can figure things out if I have a visual.

chained22

Reaction score
Hmmm. I used amon ra and it worked fine. Do you think you could upload a video of this, I usually can figure things out if I have a visual.

probably not sorry. i just dont get why it isnt working. i loaded the gingerbread img and it tried to load and still got main version is older, check the thread and their saying that the problem that im currently experiencing has been fixed with ics clean 2.3, but that is what i downloaded and flash. just really dont know what to do.