3800mAh Battery from Seido for Samsung Galaxy Nexus; Deformity Ensues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
seidos-gamaxy-nexus-extended-battery.png

Just in case you find that your Samsung Galaxy Nexus doesn't quite get enough battery life, or just looks too pretty, you can get a 3800mAh battery from Seido for it. The device pretty much bricks the phone, (and I don't mean that in the traditional sense... I mean that it literally makes it look like a big round brick!) You also have to give up your NFC capabilities, but you should be able to get a lot more usage out of it.

galaxy-nexus-extended-battery-comparison.jpg
galaxy-nexus-extended-battery-right.jpg

The battery retails for $69.95, and we have a website link below for you folks that need one. We've also included some comparison pics above so you can see the newly transformed Galaxy Nexus in all its deformed glory!

Source: PhoneArena and Seido

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I know they want to keep up with what Samsung is going to do and what Motorola is doing with the MAXX but this is just insanity.

Might as well go to Auto Zone and pick up an Interstate for around the same price.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
eh my stock battery lasts long enough.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I plugged in today at a little over 20 hours of use and my battery was still at 20%. I think I'm golden with the stock battery kthxbye!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe if I was knew I was going to be stranded in the desert for 2-3days and somehow had cellphone service(don't know why I wouldn't call 911 though..).

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw this giant deformed thing and just had to share it. Some stories are offered up for "comic relief" as much as they are as news. I suppose there are a rare few folks out there that might be able to actually benefit from these giant honkin' batteries, but they are just our friends that we get to poke fun at. :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Their next model is going to looks something like this
View attachment 46077

The third gen model after yours might be this one:

oversized_battery.jpg

Yeppers... my G-Nex holds a charge for 80 years! I have to leave it outside, but hey... it's a small price to pay.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The third gen model after yours might be this one:

oversized_battery.jpg

Yeppers... my G-Nex holds a charge for 80 years! I have to leave it outside, but hey... it's a small price to pay.
I would pay that price. Hopefully it wouldn't be anymore then 30bucks.