6.1 RC5 has dropped

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Any idea how to fix SD card? without it, cant take pictures, add beautiful widgets, and of course all my pics and videos are gone! it asks me to format, but if i do all data will be lost, so im stuck with the exclamation point sd card icon on taskbar...... the aps are the least part, even though now i lost swype, but all my info on sd card is a huge loss to me!!!!!

Did you not try what I suggested? And you can still add beautiful widgets. It's in the market under downloads. You just have to re-download it. You should start using Titanium Backup to backup all your apps, etc...
And Lookout Mobile to backup all of your pics...

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
Just tried applying Slayers LFY 1ghz kernel and I got endless reboot =(
When 6.1 RTM comes out, I will try again and see. For now, seems P3's only ones that wont put me in an endless reboot. And it works with compcache ;)

Zion

Reaction score
Any idea how to fix SD card? without it, cant take pictures, add beautiful widgets, and of course all my pics and videos are gone! it asks me to format, but if i do all data will be lost, so im stuck with the exclamation point sd card icon on taskbar...... the aps are the least part, even though now i lost swype, but all my info on sd card is a huge loss to me!!!!!

Did you not try what I suggested? And you can still add beautiful widgets. It's in the market under downloads. You just have to re-download it. You should start using Titanium Backup to backup all your apps, etc...

i have lookout, it did back up some but not all pics, just until about 3 months ago, not sure why it stopped. also the sd card fixing, should i just reformat and start from scratch? it wont let me take pics or download beautiful widget because i dont have sd card (according to phone)....ggrrr!!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just tried applying Slayers LFY 1ghz kernel and I got endless reboot =(
When 6.1 RTM comes out, I will try again and see. For now, seems P3's only ones that wont put me in an endless reboot. And it works with compcache ;)

Really? Ha, I use that exact kernel and didn't have that issue. Runs great for me so far. Every phone is different but you'd think they would all be able to run the exact same thing with at least close to the same outcome

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

i have lookout, it did back up some but not all pics, just until about 3 months ago, not sure why it stopped. also the sd card fixing, should i just reformat and start from scratch? it wont let me take pics or download beautiful widget because i dont have sd card (according to phone)....ggrrr!!!

Do you happen to have an adapter? But that's weird that it won't let you download Beautiful Widgets without the SD card? I've downloaded apps that were on the SD card when it wasn't mounted because I thought they were uninstalled. And now that I'm thinking about it, why would Beautiful Widgets be on your SD card? You don't add any widgets to your SD card or they will not work properly

Zion

Reaction score

Do you happen to have an adapter? But that's weird that it won't let you download Beautiful Widgets without the SD card? I've downloaded apps that were on the SD card when it wasn't mounted because I thought they were uninstalled. And now that I'm thinking about it, why would Beautiful Widgets be on your SD card? You don't add any widgets to your SD card or they will not work properly

says beautif. widgets needs sd card for aninations ...also, cant download themes without sd card... if i reformat sd card will all be ok? (other than errasing all info on it?) if i wanted to go back to my dark edge theme before i downloaded CM 6 RC5 how would i go about that? (dont want to but if i cant use camera and other things and the sd card issue doesnt change i have to !

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score

says beautif. widgets needs sd card for aninations ...also, cant download themes without sd card... if i reformat sd card will all be ok? (other than errasing all info on it?) if i wanted to go back to my dark edge theme before i downloaded CM 6 RC5 how would i go about that? (dont want to but if i cant use camera and other things and the sd card issue doesnt change i have to !

Really? Wow. I had no idea some widgets/apps had to have the SD card installed properly. Ha. If you reformat it then yes, you should be perfectly fine. There is always a slight chance of something else but usually once you reformat you're good to go. And you would go about that just like you always have, if the SD card works after format. If it doesn't, well you have to get a new one before you can flash.

jerroedr

Reaction score
hey capt.

how do i reset the wireless settings or whatever it was you said in the cm forum? im herre more often and more likely to see your reply. my wifi just says "error"

thanks!

captdroid

Reaction score
hey capt.

how do i reset the wireless settings or whatever it was you said in the cm forum? im herre more often and more likely to see your reply. my wifi just says "error"

thanks!

The option to forget shows up long press on the wifi connection under wifi connection settings.

jerroedr

Reaction score
settings/wireless and networks/wi-fi settings/

then mine says wifi error, and i cant select it long press it or anything.
The other two options are greyed out

captdroid

Reaction score
IDK ask the guy who it worked for in Cyanogenmod forum.

DMillerZX

Reaction score
WiFi works; however, Bluetooth doesn't.... Using a Chevy kernel. Very disappointing.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score

That is a known issue for some people when using slayher's kernels. I never did get wifi to work with them on my phone so I just switched to P3Droid's kernels and wifi worked fine. There is a wifi fix in slayher's thread on the CM forums so you could try that (it didn't work for me with the LFY kernels) or just try another kernel like P3 or jdlfg.

jerroedr

Reaction score

That is a known issue for some people when using slayher's kernels. I never did get wifi to work with them on my phone so I just switched to P3Droid's kernels and wifi worked fine. There is a wifi fix in slayher's thread on the CM forums so you could try that (it didn't work for me with the LFY kernels) or just try another kernel like P3 or jdlfg.

i got it up and running. i had to go through some crazy ish but its working!