Active display stopped working

That might be the only option at this point. I agree with @jstafford1 the phone is acting like it is always face down, for whatever strange reason.

I have no idea. But when I googled it, it was described as a dating app. That person was just describing that they found one app that was messing up the active display and when they uninstalled that app active display started working again

I did a factory reset last night, and the active display is working again. Never really found out what caused it to stop though.

I did a factory reset last night, and the active display is working again. Never really found out what caused it to stop though.
Good to hear its working correctly again.

I hate to necropost here, but I picked up a Maxx about a week ago to replace my slowly failing Bionic and I started having this issue right off the bat. I've tried screen cleaning, disabling various combinations of notifications, force stopping, and nothing seems to fix the issue. If I restart my device, it works for a couple of hours before randomly stopping. It seems to It wouldn't be a big deal if some of the newer Droid phones kept the LED notification features, but I guess that's slowly disappearing. I'd really prefer not to factory reset my phone and go through all that, so I was just curious on whether or not someone else has encountered this issue since then and whether or not they found a solution other than the reset?

Back