Adjusting call volume problem

qwas

Reaction score
Hi guys,​

anyone else having problems with adjusting the call volume (while in a call) ?

The screen obviously turns black while in a call, and then, the volume buttons don't work for me...

I have to move the phone from my ear, screen turns on, adjust volume.

This drives me nuts !

Any help is much appreciated.

mmcompute

Reaction score
I've noticed that the call volume during a Google Talk video call is very low even though it is on speaker phone. It is too low to hear unless you are in a quiet room.

OP
Q

qwas

Reaction score
I've noticed that the call volume during a Google Talk video call is very low even though it is on speaker phone. It is too low to hear unless you are in a quiet room.

This is not related to what I am having.
And I don't know of this issue, haven't tried GTalk yet...

cwzwack

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Can't change volume unless the screen is on (away from ear)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Are you pressing and holding volume up, or pressing volume up multiple times? When in a call and the phone up to your ear, it doesn't work when being held down, but should work with multiple presses. Moto did that to prevent people from accidentally jacking the volume to max and hurting their hearing. (according to Moto anyway)

OP
Q

qwas

Reaction score
Are you pressing and holding volume up, or pressing volume up multiple times? When in a call and the phone up to your ear, it doesn't work when being held down, but should work with multiple presses. Moto did that to prevent people from accidentally jacking the volume to max and hurting their hearing. (according to Moto anyway)

Does not work either way, but thanks !

jlew

Reaction score
in-call volume adjust problem

I have this same issue. I'm on my second RAZR as I returned the first b/c screen was dim, light behind capacitive buttons was uneven and the volume wouldn't consistently change when I was in a call and the phone was held to my ear. This new RAZR still has the volume issue. I can increase the volume so long as I pull it away from my head and the screen kicks on. Otherwise, no luck with rare exceptions when all seems to work. I plan on wiping the device tomorrow to see if this fixes the problem.

Reaction score
I have this issue and seen it on 4 phones in the verizon store and they were droid maxx and droid razr. I also had it on the droid x. Motorola is selling these phones with this issue. Of course no one knows about it. it's kind of pissing me off.

nickb34

Reaction score
I have same issue, it's driving me nuts as I use the volume buttons constantly while in a phone call. I exchanged a Bionic that had the same issue.

Reaction score
DON'T ASK ME HOW BUT I'VE BEEN KNOCKING MY HEAD OFF I THINK (THINK) i SOLVED THIS VOLUME PROBLEM DOWNLOAD VOLUME CONTROL SO FAR AFTER 4 TIMES I'VE HAD SOME LUCK I WILL UPDATE LATER ON. Volume Control Free Android App

jlew

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if the volume control app works for you. I installed it back when I found this problem but it did not fix it. I've noticed that at times the volume works as it should during a call but not majority of the time. It is very annoying since the first thing I do upon answering is adjust the volume. It is hard to imagine how something like this was missed or overlooked. I'm hoping that ICS might fix this...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
yes it's working for me

I swear to god it's working for me click on that link and download it. I did about 8 test calls and its working YEA where the app name is, is a link try it please

click here http://www.*************/downloads/s/464304-294-volume_control

Last edited:
Reaction score
UPDATE I TURNED OFF MY PHONE AND TURNED IT BACK ON AND CALLED MY BANK IT WORKED WITHOUT ME TAKING THE PHONE OFF MY EAR I HOPE IT WORKS FOR ALL OF YOU. SHAME ON MOTOROLA THEM BAST----- THEY WANTED ME TO SEND THE PHONE IN I REFUSED I SEEN PEOPLE SEND IN STUFF 1000'S OF MILES AWAY AND IT MOST OF THE TIME COMES BACK WORST THAN WHEN IT CAME IN. I DON'T TRUST THESE PEOPLE. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WITH THIS FIX http://www.*************/downloads/s...volume_control

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Figures, a computer genius typing in all caps. :)

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Reaction score
Yes its working for me if you go to the fourm ive posted the links

LASTEST UPDATE SO FAR IT HAS WORKED WITHALL OUTBOUND CALLS. WHEN MY DAD CALLED ME IT DIDN'T WORK. BUT WHEN i CALLED MY SELF IT WORKED I THINK IT'S WORTH A SHOT

http://www.*************/downloads/s...volume_control