ADW.Launcher Failed.n Droid X2 CM7 + Can't Access ClockworkMod

darkmetal

Reaction score
ADW.Launcher Failed.Droid X2 CM7 + Can't Access ClockworkMod(help)

Hello Droid Forums,

I was messing around with themes in ADW.Launcher on my Droid X2 Running CM7 and the theme was corrupt and crashed my phone. My phone boots up fine, but the minute i unlock my phone i get a error saying "ADW.launcher has stopped unexpectedly. I can't access setting to fix this. I can only access my drop down with GPS, BATTERY, VIBERATION icons, and connect my phone to USB. I also can't access clock work mod to wipe/devik cache, and factory reset. When i plug my phone into a charger from the wall my phone wont boot up clock workMod. I can't access clockwork mod any other way. I can access Android Recovery and Wipe cache or Factory reset, but i was goign to ask what is the best way to fix this problem? I don't want to factory reset just yet in case that will mess the phone up more..

Please help! I am running out of ideas. I was thinking of install another launcher manually Via usb, so i can at least get into my phone.

Last edited:

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'd try downloading a new launcher from the online Play Store. Give it time to install then try to access the new launcher from the drop down

Tapped from a Nexus

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Did you fix it? You can always boot into recovery and flash the ROM again with just cache and dalvik wipes...

Edit: sorry I just realized you can't get into recovery...Is there not a battery pull and button combo to get to CMR..

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Did you fix it? You can always boot into recovery and flash the ROM again with just cache and dalvik wipes...

Edit: sorry I just realized you can't get into recovery...Is there not a battery pull and button combo to get to CMR..

Hey guys,

Thanks for the fast reply.. I couldn't get into boot strap recovery for some reason, but i could get into android recovery. I never did a factory reset instead i tried to navigate around the force close prompt and figure out away to the playstore. I some how activated voice control and open browser to playstore, so i could then download go ex launcher.

Thanks for the advice!

OP
D

darkmetal

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thanks for the fast reply.. I couldn't get into boot strap recovery for some reason, but i could get into android recovery. I never did a factory reset instead i tried to navigate around the force close prompt and figure out away to the playstore. I some how activated voice control and open browser to playstore, so i could then download go ex launcher.

Thanks for the advice!

Hey man I am still have problems and no my phone is not fixed :( ,

I installed bootstrap recovery and opened it up and it said it install correctly. I rebooted my phone and it was stuck at the CM7 loading screen. I can't get into Clockwork mod recovery, so i booted into Android recovery and wipe the cache. Now i am stuck on the red Motorola screen with a non-bootable phone. I am not sure what to do right now?

I only have two options in Android recovery
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache
- load from update which i do have Cm7 backup, but i am not sure that will load correctly?

What should i do at this point. I am just trying to load my phone back up normally in my CM7 rom.
I have no idea why clockwork mod recovery will not boot up from wall charger and i can't access it through my phone, since cm7 wont even boot up or even get pasted the Motorola logo.

update: i wiped data/ factory reset and wipe cache and i still can't get pasted the Motorola logo? What should i do?

please help..

Last edited: