ADW Launcher gets major update

I love adw launcher this is great but I froze it because I'm using zeam launcher.

yeah I don't use ADW. I think I tried it once but then tried LPP just stuck with it. I did purchase the SPB 3D Shell but currently have it frozen as I don't really like it on the Droid 2.....hoping it's better on my next device (and has updates to fix my complaints ;)).

I switched to a new launcher yesterday and I have to admit I am WAY impressed. I am actually going to post my review of it in a few if work allows.

The only thing I don't like about spb is it takes way to much memory.

The new updates put it back on top... if you get lag on ADW then you have some of your settings wrong.

One of the best coded apps so far.

Sent from my DRIZOID 2 using DroidForums

The only thing I don't like about spb is it takes way to much memory.

That was pretty much my big complaint....that and the inability to determine where I want my icon's and such....

The one I am using now seems to be a blatant theft with a ton of enhancements....sad to say I like it. Fast....allows unlimited home screens....I like it....

Maybe I should try ADW again.....I dunno....I mean it wont hurt and it is rediculously easy to switch launchers. I just realized that outside of the stock launcher I have 5 others installed and configured.....

I LOVE ADW EX! so stoked for this update. Its supper snappy and has great transitions. Tried many other launchers before settling on this one.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

I have......

SPB 3D Shell (Frozen most likely till I upgrade my device)
Regina 3D Launcher (Pretty cool but frustrated me for some reason and I can't remember what it is so I haven't uninstalled it yet.)
Launcher Pro Plus (solid of course and the one I typically always come back to)
Open Home (which I am uninstalling after this post)
Go Launcher EX (which is the one I have been referring to.....obviously jacked from LPP but with tons of enhancements and customization) This is identical to LPP. All it seems they did was rename everything. But I mean spot for spot it is LPP with a twist. But again.....I have to honestly say that I think it is much faster and all around better. Allows you to hide dock bar and notification bar by swipes, resizing of any app icon or widget, crazy fast theme changing with tons of themes, 3 dock's, and unlimited home screens. The only thing it's missing is a 3d drawer. It even has sorting options for your app drawer. It even allows from different wallpapers for each home screen. And you can drag and drop to arrange your home screens if you don't like em......I actually would recommend giving this a run and checking it out for yourself. Pretty impressive.

and of course stock.

Last edited:
I love go launcher ex and lpp but I forgot why I ditched both of them.

I dont like GO LAUNCHER EX.
It tends to redraw at times and also the app drawer seems a lil shaky.
I dont mind the fact that you need another messaging app for widgets but with LPP you dont need that and now that LPP has widget theme support, it just blows all the Launchers away.
ADW EX was my favorite but since the dev took off for awhile, I been having mad FCs and on top of that, the 1.3 didn't allow widgets until 1.3.1 and the apps still dont initialize all the time.
So i am back on LPP. Which has been stable for me this whole time.
I loved the hidden drawer on ADW EX, which was my favorite and their screen transitions were nice too but lately it still needs more work.
Perhaps most of his time has been on ADW2 but ehh. I will wait until the finished product is done.

I dont mind the fact that you need another messaging app for widgets but with LPP you dont need that and now that LPP has widget theme support, it just blows all the Launchers away.
ADW EX was my favorite but since the dev took off for awhile, I been having mad FCs and on top of that, the 1.3 didn't allow widgets until 1.3.1 and the apps still dont initialize all the time.
I loved the hidden drawer on ADW EX, which was my favorite and their screen transitions were nice too but lately it still needs more work.
Perhaps most of his time has been on ADW2 but ehh. I will wait until the finished product is done.

That's funny you say that because Go launcher is the only launcher I have tried that has kept me from going back to LPP for more than a few hours. In fact it just made it through an entire day and is still running. I love being able to hide and restore notification bar and dock on the fly.

ADW didnt make it past 10 minutes before I uninstalled it. SPB 3D shell got an hour out of me on 3 separate occasions.....Regina....20 minutes, LPP has been running for months....Go launcher just made it through 24 hours.

Last edited:
I've noticed that after I get my launcher of the week set up and customized, it runs really well for about three or four days, and then I digress into redraws and lots of lag. Mind you, the lag kicks in after making no further changes from the customization I do when I first install.

I went to Slidescreen 2 Beta 9 a few days ago, and I'm really liking it. It puts all my info that I use on my home screen (phone, messaging, google voice, gmail, calendar) and lists out the new/recent/unread for each category.

I'm working on modding the .apk to include different background images and a different mid-screen slider, but I love it so far.

That's funny you say that because Go launcher is the only launcher I have tried that has kept me from going back to LPP for more than a few hours. In fact it just made it through an entire day and is still running. I love being able to hide and restore notification bar and dock on the fly.

ADW didnt make it past 10 minutes before I uninstalled it. SPB 3D shell got an hour out of me on 3 separate occasions.....Regina....20 minutes, LPP has been running for months....Go launcher just made it through 24 hours.

I messed with Regina and it didnt go past 5 minutes trying to set something up.
GO LAUNCHER EX at this time would be my 2nd choice right now. Its actually a good launcher, i will def say that...and now beats ADW EX until it gets fixed or unless ADW2 becomes something great..but now LPP is the one for me. Not one issue with LP and I dont need to get additional apps to get the most out of it while G.L EX does. I must admit tho, G.L.EX is getting to be a rather nice launcher with the new additions they keep adding on e.g. task manager etc and all the theme support but IMO still has some ways to beat LPP's practical usage and LPP to me seems almost the complete package.

Back