After SBFing (Multiple times!) clearing data/cache, still cannot get past setup!!

droidster195

Reaction score
So I'll give you guys quick bullet points:
Was on liberty GB 0.7
Tried flashing GB 0.9 (thought I could data wipe after installation, that was a mistake)
GB 0.9 gave tons of force closes
Tried SBFing back to Stock Gingerbread (tons of force closes cannot get past setup)
Tried SBFing back to Stock Froyo (tons of force closes cannot get past setup)
I'm basically out of ideas, and I need your help.

How do I get my Droid X to function properly again!

Possibly relevant informatoin:
I have flashed the TBH Wifi tether hack when I was on Liberty

I can get through the setup up to the point where it wants to start loading the home-screens and I get force-closes for everything: Bluetooth, Google Framework, etc.

Additionally, while trying to charge my battery while my phone is off. It got my battery up to 10%, and then it just shuts off.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Get into stock recovery (power+home) hit the volume keys to get into it then clear data and cache its not necessary but I wipe data 3 times then my cache 3. Then sbf back to froyo. Try that

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. I usually wipe SBF, then wipe data, but either way is ok.

CM7-4-DX

utdmb

Reaction score
I cannot get into stock recovery. When I press power + home button, it just kicks me to the options as if I had only hit the power putton.

The phone is telling me "The application com.android.LGSetupWizard has stopped unexpectedly"

Dullawolf

Reaction score
try downloading the sbf file again for the heck of it. when downloading the file, some of the data may of been corrupted.

utdmb

Reaction score
I got it back to factory restore by holding vol down and power while turning it on and just started from scratch. I had my phone rooted and was freezing apps based on recommendations from forums without really truly knowing what I was doing. Icarus would have been proud.

I just restored factory setting and am starting from scratch. At least I didn't brick it. That was my ultimate fear.