Alarm Clock Woes

Taco

Reaction score
Last night my alarm as always using the stock alarm on the phone. I always use the same times and same tones to wake up to. I checked the boxes next to the times and it said I was good to go.

I woke up this morning and the alarm clock icon was missing from my status bar. I figured oh crap maybe I didn't set them. Then I open the clock app and sure as you know what, my alarms are toggled on. I uncheck one of the two I have set and now the icon reappears in my status bar. I tested the alarm again and all went fine.

I'm guessing maybe the phone rebooted in my sleep and that glitched the clock? But I can't find the uptime counter on the phone that shows time since last reboot so I cannot validate that theory. I also wonder if maybe the phone went to sleep and that could've glitches it. No idea about that though. Any ideas or similar issues?

Running stock OTA ICS rooted.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

Malkavian

Reaction score
I stopped using the stock Alarm clock for trying to wake me up. I now use Alarm Clock Extreme. I like the graduwake feature that slowly raises the volume when the alarm starts sounding. I know this doesn't help to determine why the clock stopped, but can give you an alternative.

Michael

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Maybe I will give it a shot, thanks!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Last night my alarm as always using the stock alarm on the phone. I always use the same times and same tones to wake up to. I checked the boxes next to the times and it said I was good to go.

I woke up this morning and the alarm clock icon was missing from my status bar. I figured oh crap maybe I didn't set them. Then I open the clock app and sure as you know what, my alarms are toggled on. I uncheck one of the two I have set and now the icon reappears in my status bar. I tested the alarm again and all went fine.

I'm guessing maybe the phone rebooted in my sleep and that glitched the clock? But I can't find the uptime counter on the phone that shows time since last reboot so I cannot validate that theory. I also wonder if maybe the phone went to sleep and that could've glitches it. No idea about that though. Any ideas or similar issues?

Running stock OTA ICS rooted.

I use the stock alarm clock in the Rezound, and have never had a problem with it, it just doesn't wake me up all the time because the alarm sound only plays for a short time, then goes into snooze mode automatically, and repeats several times then it just seems to give up.

The alarm clock will (should) stay during a reboot, I just looked and can't find uptime anywhere in ICS, either the Global RUU or the official OTA.

I would suggest setting an alarm during the day with a mild ringtone and trying it to make sure it works, or like Malkavian said, try a different alarm clock application, there are several in the Play Store.

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
Since I've got the phone my alarm clock (stock one) has been solid and had it not gone off last year would have been rough...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Smooth23

Reaction score
This issue has been happening to me. I haven't noticed the missing alarm icon on top, but I haven't looked either. This happened to me friday, saturday, then again today(tuesday). I'm an extremely light sleeper, so there is no way I just slept through them. I would say there is definitely something amiss. I'm running Rezound with ICS, not rooted, nothing fancy.

dan j

Reaction score
Anyone else missing their ENTIRE alarm setup? Mine is GONE. I can't figure out where it went, but what a PITA. I know, I could use an aftermarket, but I have a ton of alarms in there that I need access to first.

Any help?

dan j

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I noticed my screen lock (just the slide the ring thing) was missing. A restart started it again.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Have you done a factory reset since getting the ICS update? It is highly recommended and clears up most "weird" issues.

dan j

Reaction score
So my alarms still rang this afternoon. I have no way to access the settings though :mad:

Have you done a factory reset since getting the ICS update? It is highly recommended and clears up most "weird" issues.
I haven't but I've had the update for months (?) so this seems like really odd timing.

Also, I really don't want to wipe the data until I can access those alarms and write them down.

Thanks

acejavelin

Reaction score
Remember all alarms stuff if based around the Clock app by HTC, so, if you go to the App Dock and open Clock, there is no Alarms options at the bottom of the screen?

How about if you add an HTC Clock widget to any screen and tap on it, should take you there as well.

Did you go to Settings-Apps-All and verify Clock is their and not disabled (if it's disabled, it will be at the very bottom, not alphabetical)

dan j

Reaction score
Remember all alarms stuff if based around the Clock app by HTC, so, if you go to the App Dock and open Clock, there is no Alarms options at the bottom of the screen?

How about if you add an HTC Clock widget to any screen and tap on it, should take you there as well.

Did you go to Settings-Apps-All and verify Clock is their and not disabled (if it's disabled, it will be at the very bottom, not alphabetical)
Crazy huh? Yup, I can click on the HTC clock widget and get "Desk Clock, Timer, World Clock and Stopwatch". That's it, the alarm clock settings are gone. Going to settings the clock is not disabled.

Crazy, huh?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Crazy huh? Yup, I can click on the HTC clock widget and get "Desk Clock, Timer, World Clock and Stopwatch". That's it, the alarm clock settings are gone. Going to settings the clock is not disabled.

Crazy, huh?
I am actually kind of dumbfounded... I dug through my phone and played around some, couldn't do anything to make the Alarm settings go away. Think I would go for a Factory Reset next, never fun but almost always clears up the problem.

dan j

Reaction score
Didn't get my wake up alarm today :(
View attachment 57026

Here's a screen shot showing the missing alarm clock. When I hit snooze on yesterday afternoons alarm I could see the "note" in the drop down menu but when I clicked on the alarm icon it goes to the above screen :(

I'm guessing you're right about a factory reset, but like most folks, I hate doing it. I'm still hoping the alarm will reappear so I can write down all my presets.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hmmm... I did a mini-guide once on tips for doing a Factory Reset, will see if I can find it and copy here or link you too it. Having something to give you a direction usually makes it a little easier.

EDIT: Here it is:

I am going to assume you are NOT rooted...

1. (Optional) Use a utility like MyBackup Pro to backup all data (this is a safeguard, do NOT restore from this unless absolutely necessary)
2. Go into Message app and press MENU and select Back up SMS, then save all messages to a file (note the filename)
3. Plug the USB into a PC, go into Storage mode, and copy everything from both drives that appear in Windows to a spare directory.
4. Backup contacts, if you are using any "Phone" contacts, use VZW Backup, if they are all Goggle contacts you can skip this step. (Facebook and Exchange contacts are held on the server, no need to backup)
5. Take screen shots of all home screens, and the application launcher screens
6. Make sure you have all usernames, password, WiFi codes, etc., for all accounts and WiFi networks you have in the device
7. Go into Settings-Apps-All and note which apps you have disabled

Once you have everything you think you need, do a Factory Reset via the menus, then once it completes and you are back at the setup screen, power off, remove and reinstall the battery, and power up holding VOL DOWN+POWER to go into HBOOT, then perform the Factory Reset from there as well. The phone will reboot to the setup screen, go through that.

Google contacts should restore automatically, or use VZW Backup to restore contacts, then once all contacts are back you can restore the Message backup (might have to copy the backup file back to it's original location). If you want to disable apps, best to do them at this step. Setup you local WiFi and any additional accounts if you need to. Then start Play Store twice, pausing about a minute or two between, on the second start load all updates. Now go to Google and the Play Store your computer and select "My Android Apps", and click on the "Verizon HTC ADR6425LVW" icon, from that point you can see the apps you have for that device and other apps in your library, select Install for the ones you want and they will be pushed out to the phone and install. Once that is all done run each app at least once to finish it's setup (this is important, some apps will hold the WakeLock until their setup is complete, draining the battery quickly if you don't finish the setup). Now just change home screens and such as needed and tweak.

With a little practice, this entire procedure can be done in under 30 minutes, depending on your connection speed, number of apps to install, and amount of tweaking needed.

If you are doing anything "weird", like POP3 mail accounts, you might have to back those up separately if they are not stored on the server.
You will lose all your settings in apps, playlists, etc. and anything on the HTC STORAGE volume (internal storage), anything on the un-named volume (external SD card) will be fine.

BTW, if you are going to go this far, it might be worth while to reflash either the official OTA RUU or the leaked Global Mode RUU after the factory reset, it will ensure everything is at clean, fresh starting point and there is no residual Gingerbread "junk" hanging around in the firmware.

Last edited: