Alpha CM7 a/Gingerbread kernel available

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I still haven't seen anybody say whether or not the alt lock works. Anyone? I'm close to pulling the trigger and switching (especially with the working bluetooth voice dial and improved battery life), but I guess I've gotten spoiled by the 1% battery increments and overall beastliness (is that even a word?) of the Froyo kernel version.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still haven't seen anybody say whether or not the alt lock works. Anyone? I'm close to pulling the trigger and switching (especially with the working bluetooth voice dial and improved battery life), but I guess I've gotten spoiled by the 1% battery increments and overall beastliness (is that even a word?) of the Froyo kernel version.

I didn't even notice while I was on..I only stayed a few hours..but will be on tonight with the fixes...:)
Meaning I will be be on again with the fixes applied, lol

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can go directly from Froyo CM using the Team Black Hat GB update zip (available in the paid version of the TBH app, I believe), but the "normal" process is:

1. SBF from Froyo to rooted GB leak
2. Install CM4D2GB build from Rev

Detailed steps that were posted by Simon:

heres the process i took to install CM7GB

1. flash tbh stock froyo .zip file (wanted a clean start to be safe)
2. boot into CWR
3. wipe dalvik/cache/data (just to be safe...i know i paranoid)
4. flash GB leak file and reboot [Redflea - he's referring to the GB zip file that acts like an SBF that Team Black Hat provides via their Team Black Hat app. If you don't have the app (it's paid) you can flash the rooted GB leak from here: Droid 2 Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted - the "Direct Download" link in the second set of 1-4 steps in P3Droid's post]
5. boot into CWR
6. repeat step 3
7. flash CM7GB and reboot [Redflea - get the most recent build from Rev's dev thread here: [DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 CM7 with Gingerbread Leak Kernel]
8. boot into CWR
9. flash gapps and reboot (im sure i couldve flashed after CM7GB but i wanted to make sure it booted up first)

Once you flash to GB you'll have to SBF back to Froyo if you want to go back to CM74D2 Froyo...it's easy to do, but takes a little time.

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Re alt lock - it isn't supported, and from what Rev posted it can't be supported in true AOSP roms.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I think Im going to give this a try! Right now im on apex and loving it, lets see how CM works out for me(since I never tried the froyo version cause I wanted the better battery life)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Im going to give this a try! Right now im on apex and loving it, lets see how CM works out for me(since I never tried the froyo version cause I wanted the better battery life)

You'll love the customizations...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hmmmm hopefully I just did this right....I just flashed the ROM....but all it said was insta.........yep....i did! Thats one cool boot screen!

VERY nice! I couldnt get the custom themes to work(i like the 4 icon one), keyboards kinda funky. LOOKING GOOD, there are infact alot of customizations! Nice to see whats in store for us once all the bugs are worked out! Going back to apex right now(Since I use my phone for work as well, if I didnt I would play with this all day!), once all of the bugs are worked out(key board being remapped), I will be ALL over this!!!

GREAT work to everyone who developed this!

Last edited:

Droidman6565

Reaction score
Flashed just a little bit ago, got everything up and running and am loving this rom. Have one issue though, its not a big deal but haven't had this happen before. I flashed this rom coming from zombiestomped and everything went fine but for some reason my boot logo is still the zombiestomped logo and not the motorola symbol. Anyone have any ideas as to why that didn't change?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No, ALT-Lock will never be fixed. ALT-Lock is a feature of Blur, and being CM7 is AOSP, it's impossible to fix.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flashed just a little bit ago, got everything up and running and am loving this rom. Have one issue though, its not a big deal but haven't had this happen before. I flashed this rom coming from zombiestomped and everything went fine but for some reason my boot logo is still the zombiestomped logo and not the motorola symbol. Anyone have any ideas as to why that didn't change?

Happens sometimes..not a biggie..if it doesn't go away use liberty toolbox or rom toolbox and it will have the feature...

Droidman6565

Reaction score
Yeah didn't figure it was a big deal or anything just hadn't had it happen before. Thanks for the help though, I completely forgot about liberty toolbox having that boot logo changer.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah didn't figure it was a big deal or anything just hadn't had it happen before. Thanks for the help though, I completely forgot about liberty toolbox having that boot logo changer.

Yeah it will happen on occasion..for some reason it only happens to me with liberty..lol he must hardwire that boot logo...lol

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Alright.....I got bored with apex again.....so I'm using this as a daily. I still can't get the themes to work that are preloaded. Anyone else try?

CM7GB V6 supercharged Droid 2 @ 1.3ghz

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
New build released tonight that fixes GPS and hard keyboard mapping.

But...for me it results in persistent FC in email app if I try to set up an exchange account....I'm hoping that someone here has an exchange account and can give it a try w/the update and report if they get email app FCs as well.

I'm the only one experiencing this so far, odd, but maybe only exchange accounts are affected in the email app.

Other than that the build is a winnah for other users, so I'd go for it if you want GPS and keyboard mappings. :)

combatmedic870

Reaction score
New build released tonight that fixes GPS and hard keyboard mapping.

But...for me it results in persistent FC in email app if I try to set up an exchange account....I'm hoping that someone here has an exchange account and can give it a try w/the update and report if they get email app FCs as well.

I'm the only one experiencing this so far, odd, but maybe only exchange accounts are affected in the email app.

Other than that the build is a winnah for other users, so I'd go for it if you want GPS and keyboard mappings. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :icon_eek: I finally got it set up how i wanted it! :( WHHHYYYYY!

Redflea, did you trying fixing the permissions?

Last edited: