Amazon App Store for Android Went Live Today

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been downloading the free featured app each day and have not been charged for any downloads. Just watch what you're agreeing to and you'll be fine. As soon as you purchase an app - or download the free app of the day that normally would have a charge, you instantly get an email telling you about the purchase(non purchase)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
IAny program that you purchase is tied to your Amazon account, so the account/link goes, so does any Amazon downloaded program.
What happens if the Amazon Appstore goes wonky on my phone and I have to uninstall it? I lose everything I would have purchased (at least until I decide to re-install the Amazon Appstore app). Not cool. :icon_evil:

I just checked mine at the Amazon web site on the internet (not my phone). I got Doodle Jump today (it's free) and linked to my account is my two App purchases. So I'm wondering if even if the Amazon App Store was removed from my phone (not my fault) it would keep them in my account and I could put them back on my phone.

Since I purchase enough from Amazon, including Kindle books, I don't see why I would remove my account with Amazon so I doubt I would have anything to worry about.

Oh, I scrolled down and it said
If you later change your mind and decide to re-install the application, you can find it under "My apps" in Amazon Apps from where you will be able to download and install the application again.

So that's a positive. dancedroid

Yea I had to do a factory reset this weekend, and my apps were still there when I put the Amazon app back on my phone. I just had to re-download them. I even put the Amazon app on my Droid 1 thats not activated anymore (did it thru email over wifi) and my apps showed up on that phone too.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its no different than the Android market. You cant get to your apps again until you re-download them.

I do wonder can you do a Titanium backup of apps like you can for apps you get from the Android market tho.