Android 8.0 Oreo Beta Makes It's Way To The LG G6 In China

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g6-android-8-0-oreo-beta-china-1-png.78182

LG has been working on Android 8.0 for the V30 since way back in November. They finally rolled out the official build of 8.0 for the same device, but have so far left the true flagship, the LG G6, out of the loop. A beta version of Android 8.0 Oreo has been spotted running on the LG G6 in China. The UI is left mostly unchanged. Some Oreo features like app shortcuts, adaptive icons, and more are seen in the screenshots of the update. We should see the update hit the devices stateside soon.

via phandroid

Attachments

• LG-G6-Android-8.0-Oreo-beta-China-1.png
    LG-G6-Android-8.0-Oreo-beta-China-1.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 3,765

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
My G6 is patiently waiting. I may have to try a Samsung next year if they dont hurry up.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My G6 is patiently waiting. I may have to try a Samsung next year if they dont hurry up.
Lol the Galaxy S8 doesn't even have Android 7.1, nevermind Oreo. If you're looking for more timely updates, LG trumps Samsung. And this is coming from someone who got absolutely fed up with LG and just switched to the S8.

wendellhill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5
My friend has Infinix note 3 pro and he has nougat 7.1.1 and he wants to update on Orea is there any update available?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
without the exact model number there is no way to help. there could be differences in hardware between countries the phone was released.

you can go into the phones settings and try an update from there. if no update, then you have the latest.

wendellhill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5
Oh there is no update available in settings, is there any chance to update it on Oreo