Android problem handling MMS?

robbo323

Reaction score
One unresolved issue is my Droid's inability to properly view/read a MMS with picture and sound at the same time. I get a still photo with a big "play" arrow icon on it. Press that and I get a still picture for several seconds, then separately the sound file will play after that against a black screen. Is this a limitation in android? Happens in stock messenger, handcent and chompsms. Have same problem trying to send a picture MMS with simultaneous audio. Not happening. Help?

My problem with MMS was it showed "download" but it never did. It always got stuck at "Downloading" no matter how long I left it.

I did send a picture out once, but i'm not sure if the person i sent it to got it....

I have the same problem. Sometimes it will download, sometimes not. I have never been able to play video. I use Handcent but doesn't seem to work at all on stocked messenger. Texting does not seem to be this phones best feature.

Download the newest version of "handcent" from the market. It will clear your issues and enable you to send picture and sound together also. The stock app that came with the droid sucks

I have the same issue. Handcent will allow you to send a picture message with a sound attached. (make a slideshow) But when I receive one, it's a picture with a big 'play' button over it. When you press the play button, it plays the sound 1st, then when it's done it shows the picture.

Is there a solution, or an app to fix this? I've searched around quite a bit, and haven't found an answer yet. :frown:

This maybe something fixed on 2.1 some recent txts I've gotten since running a 2.1 ROM have had video and sound. Don't quote me though, just an observation.

This maybe something fixed on 2.1 some recent txts I've gotten since running a 2.1 ROM have had video and sound. Don't quote me though, just an observation.

I can get txts with sound. The issue I'm describing is when I receive a txt (MMS) with a pic and a sound. On any phone I've had before, the sound plays while the pic is shown on screen. While I can send out messages like that, when I receive them, the sound plays 1st, then when it's done, the pic shows.

There has to be a solution for this. :confused:

any why is they way it does it a problem? can you not use your Dpad to skip forward ?

and can some one text me an example what they are talking about

sevenone4 9zero4 ninenineeighty6

-=Jason=-

any why is they way it does it a problem? can you not use your Dpad to skip forward ?

and can some one text me an example what they are talking about

sevenone4 9zero4 ninenineeighty6

-=Jason=-

The dpad will not let you skip forward, besides, the sound should play while the pic is on the screen as well.

As I said in previous posts, I am able to send such messages, just not able to receive them.

As far as your request to have someone send you an mms, it would be fruitless unless they had a non-android phone.

Back