Any news about the glass on this thing?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll wait until it actually comes out. Then we can determine the best one.

I don't know why you would want one on the back...

mzjin

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but Verizon makes laughable screen protectors compared to other high end companies. I've tested probably 8 different companies protectors, including Verizon's and Seidio is the best by far. I've never tested Wrapsol, but all I've seen is amazing reviews for theirs, I'll post a review once I get them.

? What's to test on a screen protector? The screen protectors get damaged but the phone's screen doesn't. It also can't interfere or be sticky in touch functions, and should inhibit display quality throughput the least amount possible (unless it has a special purpose, like anti-glare).

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll wait until it actually comes out. Then we can determine the best one.

I don't know why you would want one on the back...

You can buy just the front. The back is popular with Iphones and such to prevent scratching of the glass without adding bulk.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
? What's to test on a screen protector? The screen protectors get damaged but the phone's screen doesn't. It also can't interfere or be sticky in touch functions, and should inhibit display quality throughput the least amount possible (unless it has a special purpose, like anti-glare).

Testing includes:

Ease of application (Dry or Wet application)

Smudge resistance

Clarity

Retaining the glass feel

Not collecting dust on the edges

Not peeling off on the edges

No orange peel effect

Cut outs are as precise as possible

Durability

There's quite a lot to test when looking at screen protectors.

doublea500

Reaction score
im just going to get whatever they have at the verizon store. i got $50 to use up to waste on accessories:D

mzjin

Reaction score
Testing includes:

Smudge resistance

Clarity

Retaining the glass feel

No orange peel effect

Durability

Um, well I guess I never had to test them I never used a screen protector that was that crappy lol.

The Verizon ones I've used on my iPhone are basically perfect in every category you've mentioned once applied.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your idea of "basically perfect" may not be everyone's idea of perfect.

That's why we test things, to give unbiased opinions so people can make their own decisions based on facts.

kdroyd

Reaction score
So you're saying I should carry my loose diamonds in my other pocket?

That and make sure that your ant farm isn't filled with sand and that if you carry it around that your Galaxy Nexus is carried at a higher elevation. Wouldn't want sand seeping into the pockets and mixing with the diamonds and rubbing up against the Nexus screen.

Now that would be bad...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That and make sure that your ant farm isn't filled with sand and that if you carry it around that your Galaxy Nexus is carried at a higher elevation. Wouldn't want sand seeping into the pockets and mixing with the diamonds and rubbing up against the Nexus screen.

Now that would be bad...

Not if it's in a zip lock bag. You can eve text through the bag...they're awesome! Give me a zip lock bag, a roll of duct tape and some bailing wire and I can rule the world.

steveil

Reaction score
Testing includes:

Smudge resistance

Clarity

Retaining the glass feel

No orange peel effect

Durability

What is the difference between wet and dry?

Thanks

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between wet and dry?

Thanks

Wet means with water (like a lake), dry means without water (like the desert). Sorry, just kidding. I couldn't resist a sarcastic response.
Some screen protectors have you spray the screen and the protector with water prior to application, then you squeegee out the water. The normally work really well. You can slide it around a bit to line it up perfectly prior to squeegeeing (is that really a word?) out the water. The dry ones just go straight on the dry, clean screen. They are harder to get lines up perfectly. Personally, I don't like squirting water on my phone, so I like the dry ones. Zagg is one that uses wet application. There may be others, but I don't know.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Zagg, and it's not pure water you're spraying - it's some sort of water/alcohol/something else mix. I actually saw a guy at a Zagg store add hand sanitizer into their main dispenser of the liquid. Supposedly that helps with making sure any liquid that might seep into anything simply evaporates - along with helping the screen protector to adhere appropriately.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love Zagg, and it's not pure water you're spraying - it's some sort of water/alcohol/something else mix. I actually saw a guy at a Zagg store add hand sanitizer into their main dispenser of the liquid. Supposedly that helps with making sure any liquid that might seep into anything simply evaporates - along with helping the screen protector to adhere appropriately.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it probably wasn't pure water, but I'm just paranoid when it comes to any liquid and my phone. I have also found the Zagg that I used to be kind of soft and not super smooth like some other ones. Have you had the same experience?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I thought it probably wasn't pure water, but I'm just paranoid when it comes to any liquid and my phone. I have also found the Zagg that I used to be kind of soft and not super smooth like some other ones. Have you had the same experience?

Yeah definitely - but honestly I'm so used to it now, it's one reason I like to use them on each phone I have.