Any one know of a case that fits the extended battery?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
as far as i'm aware there isn't a case out there that doesn't fit the extended battery.

diggy488

Reaction score
FWIW, I have the shell/holster combo from Verizon with the extended battery. The only catch is; you have to keep the back cover off in order for the shell to fit. :frown: To me, it's worth it because I love the holster, especially with the kickstand. And if I want to put the standard battery back in, the shell will still secure the smaller battery without the cover on it, so it all works out.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought that same case for mine and it fits perfectly with both the standard battery and the extended battery.

good to know, getting the extended battery this week. I was too terrified to not have a case or a screen protector on my phone when I bought it so I purchased this same case in store. Payed a little more than what you can find online but I didn't want to risk dropping the phone or scratching the screen, haha.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My trick with my DX2 was to leave the battery door off when I had the hard case on. The case (at least for the DX2) kept the battery as firmly in place as the regular battery door.

Thats what Ive read on other forums for the G Nex, if you use the Shell holster combo just leave the battery door off and it fits perfect.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
How are you guys liking the Incipio cases?

I actually really like mine, makes it feel very secure. It might be a tad bit bigger than what I would really like but it's not ridiculous like the otterbox case. Honestly I only threw the incepio screen protector on just as precaution till I got some better ones but even being a dry application protector, there are no bubbles and you can hardly tell it's there.

ResMJM

Reaction score
I actually really like mine, makes it feel very secure. It might be a tad bit bigger than what I would really like but it's not ridiculous like the otterbox case. Honestly I only threw the incepio screen protector on just as precaution till I got some better ones but even being a dry application protector, there are no bubbles and you can hardly tell it's there.

Do you think the phone will fit in a pouch with the Incipio case on, like this one?:

Set Your Location

jcardona1

Reaction score
I really like my Incipio case too. However, it doesn't fit perfect with the extended battery. There is a bit of a bulge towards the bottom end of the phone. Doesn't bother me much though, so I'll be sticking with this one for now.

terigox

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for posting your experiences with the extended battery and cases! Just ordered my battery, sounds like it will fit in my Ditztonic/TPU case *crossing fingers*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really like my Incipio case too. However, it doesn't fit perfect with the extended battery. There is a bit of a bulge towards the bottom end of the phone. Doesn't bother me much though, so I'll be sticking with this one for now.

Hmmm, I don't like the sound of the bulge. Maybe I'll go with an Otterbox commuter.

1quickv6

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't like the sound of the bulge. Maybe I'll go with an Otterbox commuter.

Woh woh woh, hold your horses. I have the Incipio and the extended battery. I have no bulge. Maybe it has form fit over the last 3 days. Don't know. :blink: