Any Remote Media Center and HTC Thunderbolt users?

wreels

Reaction score
Hello all... To any HTC Thunderbolt and Remote Media Center users... A few days ago Verizon pushed the latest update to my HTC Thunderbolt. Since then, I haven't been able to stream any of my Media Center Recorded TV. Before the update, when I clicked on 'confirm selection' button to watch a show, it would popup with a list of my video players. I used to have the option to choose vplayer or moboplayer. It doesn't do that anymore; since the update. It just gives me a message saying 'Sorry, this video cannot be played'. I tried doing a factory reset and I still have the same issue. Are there any other TBolt users out there with the latest update from Verizon and RMC? If so, please let me know if you're having the same problem. I'm at my wits end... It seems that HTC and Verizon has screwed up my phone with the latest update but I can't prove it without someone else with a Tbolt and RMC getting the same issue. Thanks for any help...

Anyone not fimiliar with Remote media center click here. It allows you to stream Recorded TV from your Windows Media Center to your Android phone. Great App! (Requires a Remote Potato Server on you Media Center PC.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

God bless...

UPDATE: I also noticed just now that before the Verizon update, when I surffed the web and clicked on a youtube link, I would get a popup with an option to play the video through the installed youtube app or play it through the internet. Just like with the RMC issue, I no long get that option. I defaults to using the internet page. HTC/Verizon has really screwed something up.

Last edited:

Kabel_Guy

Reaction score
Check settings-->applications-->app associations. Will let yo set defaults for streaming media there. If moboplayer doesn't show up there then they may have taken it away. :(

Kabel_Guy

Reaction score
Update: just downloaded moboplayer and it showed up under app associations so should work. ;)

OP
W

wreels

Reaction score
Hi, thanks... It does show up on my phone and has always done so. Even if I choose moboplayer from there it still doesn't work. It seems the feature that allows you to choose the default video player within the app has been removed from the latest tbolt update. As stated before, I'm seeing this behavior when clicking on a youtube link as well - no options to choose... Does anyone know where I can find the ROM that was just prior to the 2.11.605.19 710RD update? I'm thinking the latest ROM has broken that feature and I may need to revert back. Phone was working fine until the pushed this update to my phone... They had to go and break what was working great.

OP
W

wreels

Reaction score
Hi, thanks... It does show up on my phone and has always done so. Even if I choose moboplayer from there it still doesn't work. It seems the feature that allows you to choose the default video player within the app has been removed from the latest tbolt update. As stated before, I'm seeing this behavior when clicking on a youtube link as well - no options to choose... Does anyone know where I can find the ROM that was just prior to the 2.11.605.19 710RD update? I'm thinking the latest ROM has broken that feature and I may need to revert back. Phone was working fine until the pushed this update to my phone... They had to go and break what was working great.

It turns out my suspicions were correct about the latest RUU from Verizon/HTC. They turned the feature to choose your video player off. I suspect that it may be for new movie app they plan to offer to their suscribers... Anyway, I installed the 2.11.605.5 RUU and it's working again. The problem I have now is that verizon will keep trying to run the latest update which would break everything all over again. I wish there was a way to turn this crappy auto update off.