Any talk about a Droid 5 coming out?

tortoracer

Reaction score
mine has taken a few hard falls and just rolled them off his back like water on duck feathers.. lol. ive got a generic stealth black rubberized case on it. looks lethal.

texting in the rain has been fun too while everyone hides their fone from a drizzle lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

What case do you have?

jmagi

Reaction score
one these - www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006ZQL3E0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1371142953&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

ive also got one of these

www.pdair.com/index.php/smartphone-...d-4-xt894-book-type-black-red-stitchings.html

but i dont use it. it's a damn classy looking case, but i dont like how my droid fits in it clamp style. i prefer the way my hardcase just snaps on. been meaning to take both to a leather shop and see if they can hack a hybrid out of the 2 using the back of the hardcase and still keeping my front bezel protector on while closing the case. i dont know why they went with the clamp style. but for that it's been just sitting on my dresser empty since i got it.

Last edited:

jmagi

Reaction score
Using my phone in the rain is something I wouldn't dare do. I put it away at the first sign of rain falling.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk!

our d4s are nanocoated man. so that sort of thing wouldnt affect us as much. should even survive a drop in the toilet for a couple seconds at least tho i wouldnt go so far as to test it lol.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Using my phone in the rain is something I wouldn't dare do. I put it away at the first sign of rain falling.

I personally have used every phone I've had in the rain.. with no case... and never had a water damage issue

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.. its been a life long dream to have someone so genuine be happy for me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

SylenThunder

Reaction score
our d4s are nanocoated man. so that sort of thing wouldnt affect us as much. should even survive a drop in the toilet for a couple seconds at least tho i wouldnt go so far as to test it lol.

Mine's been through the washer and dryer before. Drop it all the time too. Still works flawlessly and there's only one small scratch in the paint on the side.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm glad to know these phones are so durable.

jmagi

Reaction score
wonder if motorola thinks we didnt like it cuz the droid 4 forums werent very active? thing is.. the thing just works.. they made a solid product.. so ppl dont have problems to complain about lol. only time it seems the forums got active was when there were updates and they wanted to get advice on how to do them. other than that it's just been development threads and a large percentage of the complaints were due to self inflicted damage.. bricking etc.. a problem motorola can easily get over with an unlocked bootloader in future droids.

to me the d4 is a full on laptop replacement... in my pocket. many days i dont even use the work pc.. and get everything done on my droid.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I doubt Motorola pays attention to forums, especially 3rd party ones like Droid Forums. If they did, they'd actually get a better understanding of how much demand there is. Here, XDA, Verizon Wireless forums, and even the official Motorola forums all have people asking about the Droid 5...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

jmagi

Reaction score
i guess they probably pay more attention to sales data. but that isnt our fault either when u release such a kickass phone, lock it to one provider and dont market it internationally. if moto had used 1/4 the marketting barriage that samsing uses for the d4 it wouldve sucked up sales.

only now that ppl are aware that it's got ics and jb upgrades and can work internationally unlocked, the sales are picking up. so i expect they will see that when considering.

as these units get more powerful, ppl are going to rely on them more. and that means more typing. more switching from chars to numbers.. use of arrow keys etc. there's no way an onscreen keyboard will survive the future onslaught imo. taking up half the screen and the industry thinks making bigger screens is the solution to that. 4.3 is perfect imo. a max screensize of 5 inches should be sufficient enough for a phone with it's own dedicated keyboard. store my droid in my upper shirt pocket and it fits nice and snug.

OP
E

Erikbal

Reaction score
i guess they probably pay more attention to sales data. but that isnt our fault either when u release such a kickass phone, lock it to one provider and dont market it internationally. if moto had used 1/4 the marketting barriage that samsing uses for the d4 it wouldve sucked up sales.

only now that ppl are aware that it's got ics and jb upgrades and can work internationally unlocked, the sales are picking up. so i expect they will see that when considering.

as these units get more powerful, ppl are going to rely on them more. and that means more typing. more switching from chars to numbers.. use of arrow keys etc. there's no way an onscreen keyboard will survive the future onslaught imo. taking up half the screen and the industry thinks making bigger screens is the solution to that. 4.3 is perfect imo. a max screensize of 5 inches should be sufficient enough for a phone with it's own dedicated keyboard. store my droid in my upper shirt pocket and it fits nice and snug.

That's a good way to look at it, I never thought about it like that before. I hardly ever use an actual computer anymore, my phone pretty much does everything I need to do. As more people get like that, the demand for a keyboard will increase, that makes sense!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Reaction score
That's an interesting thought, that people might demand keyboard phones as they start using them for more than just texting. Hope that happens.

jmagi

Reaction score
ppl dont know what they want until they see how practical it is. seeing what my fone can do has everyone asking me "what kind of phone is that". entire office has done it individually and inquired the price and where they can get it..lol. most ppl who arent buying the droid4 havent heard about it or dont think it will work on their network imo.

i work in IT, so there's alot of network activities, including troubleshooting client networks. i get to a new site and in seconds have the network mapped out with all existing nodes for troubleshooting. transferring files from my droid to fileshares, vncing to remote computers, using network printers etc. there's alot of number entries and use of the arrows comes in handy. even the guys with iphone5s and s4s are still impressed. they like the keyboard and never heard of the droid 4 lol. even for me finding this device was like finding a needle in a haystack. but that's the kinda devices i like to look for anyway. i know the droid 4 can still hold it's own in a comparison with the top spec fones today. so it doesnt feel as such a dissapointment for all the guys that rushed out to buy the s4s on release only to realize that samsung would later release more kickass s4s like the waterproof version etc lol. for a near two year old device, my droid still feels and appears to have been a wise investment. i literally have no second thoughts.

the other network techs have to lug around laptops and spare keyboard and mouse to jack in etc lol

Last edited: