Any way to boot into clockworkmod recovery (not stock)

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Hi:
I messed up something and now I cannot boot into clockworkmod recovery, any help will be appreciated. I was on liberty and then to install a theme I went in recovery flashed the liberty and romer and after that I was not able to go to recovery. After the flashing the phone never started.... I can however go to stock recovery and cleared data/cache but even then I cannot pass 'Liberty' boot.

Why I wanted to flash Liberty when I was already on there, it is because one particlular theme (Pure) does not work for me unless I flash a fresh Liberty. I have tried on several occassions but it only works when i flash a fresh copy of liberty without data/cache wipe.

So not since I cannot get in clockworkmod I caanot get a backup running. If anyone can help me get in the recovery i should be good to go..
Thanks guys (and girls) for help in advance.....:icon_ banana:

Edit: I was not able to get the phone in recovery so I has to SBF it and probably that was the only way out of this mess!!! Thanks to all who responded....

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Can you get to your home screen or are you bootlooping. If your bootlooping you will have to sbf, if you can get to the homescreen then bypass the setup and find your bootstrapper. It probably did not restore after you flashed. Just go into your file manager and look for it. If useing titainium then just use it to bring it back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
sid_wisc

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Can you get to your home screen or are you bootlooping. If your bootlooping you will have to sbf, if you can get to the homescreen then bypass the setup and find your bootstrapper. It probably did not restore after you flashed. Just go into your file manager and look for it. If useing titainium then just use it to bring it back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I cannot go past the boot (Liberty) so there is no way to go ahead.... I can definitely do the SBF but I am at work and I do not have administrative rights on the work computer (official computers.... Damn)

What do i do?????????

destes37

Reaction score
I had this same problem when i flashed Pure. I entered regular recovery and then started rsd lite and flashed the sbf. I really couldn't find any other way around it.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Did u try the cw tricks? Ie plugging phone into wall charger, while plugged in pull the battery. Leave out for a minute while still plugged in. Put battery back in and let the phone go into the liquid battery screen. Let sit again for a minute. Then try to power up. My dx and my d2 both work this way....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I think you should be able to just do a wipe through the stock recovery. Then install z4root if needed, install D2 bootstrap and then you could restore the nandroid back up. Keep in mind themes have to be custom made for the D2G, I believe, so if the theme is just for the D2, it may be the root of the problem.

OP
sid_wisc

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I think you should be able to just do a wipe through the stock recovery. Then install z4root if needed, install D2 bootstrap and then you could restore the nandroid back up. Keep in mind themes have to be custom made for the D2G, I believe, so if the theme is just for the D2, it may be the root of the problem.

I did wipe through stock recovery but then how can I do the install of z4root if I could never go past the boot. I will have to be in phone to install the apk's. I am not aware of a way to do it when I am not able to get into the phone....Please enlighted if there is a way around

I know that Pure is made for D2 and that is why I had to go through the reinstall of liberty to get the theme running on my D2G. It however worked fine everytime except this one.....

OP
sid_wisc

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Did u try the cw tricks? Ie plugging phone into wall charger, while plugged in pull the battery. Leave out for a minute while still plugged in. Put battery back in and let the phone go into the liquid battery screen. Let sit again for a minute. Then try to power up. My dx and my d2 both work this way....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Thanks Clumsy for your response, I was however late in looking at it... In the meantime I hacked into one of the official computers and SBF'd the phone. I am up and running now!!! May be your trick will work in case I need it some other time (hopefully I will not but it is always better to be prepared!!! Thanks again for the info):)